Busking? Worth the effort?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    Yes now you say,I do remember him. There was the guy more recently with the full on guitar,harmonica, cymbals on his knees and a drum on his back. Hard core! Not seen him for awhile.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • midiman1962midiman1962 Frets: 102
    interesting video - thanks for sharing
  • AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 954
    Looking to be the next Jack Broadbent?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1wN6HuWrSE
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7347
    sawyer said:
    Yes now you say,I do remember him. There was the guy more recently with the full on guitar,harmonica, cymbals on his knees and a drum on his back. Hard core! Not seen him for awhile.
    Hardcore? What like scooter?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Even further back there were a pair of guys in around 83 ish also on Framwellgate bridge who were utterly superb - they played pretty much every day that summer and I remember that their guitar case was always full of cash. Of course it was probably less likely to get nicked then. I haven't been home for a while but if the bridge is free I would still think it a better bet than the market place. 
  • Also, to any active buskers - do you get much in the way of heckling/abuse and so on? 
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075

There was busker that "played" in the old Churchill Square in Brighton circa 1987.

He was god awful, but slowly as the years went on he got better and better to the point he was actually rather good.

Moral of the story is that if you want to do it, then do it and you will only improve as a player if you do.

• SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075

Best busking band you will see. Ever.

First saw them busking in 1987, year I left school and literally changed my life.

Introduced me to a whole music scene, making many friends along the way.

• Chris_JChris_J Frets: 140
    AlbertC said:
    Looking to be the next Jack Broadbent?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1wN6HuWrSE
    I can't watch the video as YouTube it's banned at work, but, I recall the name. Seen to remember him being very good, in a blue/slide stylee!