Les Paul Guts

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2013
    edited June 2019
    Thanks all

The pickups I have are a Gotoh HB Classic/Distortion and all the wiring is Gotoh

Would you upgrade the lot? I've never modded anything before, so I'm not sure what people usually do with Jap LPs 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    Schnozz said:
    Thank you gents

The pickups I have are a Gotoh HB Classic/Distortion and all the wiring is Gotoh

Would you upgrade the lot? I've never modded anything before, so I'm not sure what people usually do with Jap LPs 
    Gotoh HB's are amongst the best I have ever heard. I had a set in a STR1-HB a few years ago and I couldn't find anything that sounded better to my ears. I would keep them unless you're looking for a particular sound.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2013
    Wolfetone said:
    Schnozz said:
    Thank you gents

Gotoh HB's are amongst the best I have ever heard. I had a set in a STR1-HB a few years ago and I couldn't find anything that sounded better to my ears. I would keep them unless you're looking for a particular sound.
    That's what I've got! I'll need to try it through a few more amps then

I played through a few Tokai TST50s and found what I thought was the best strat I'd played and it was all Gotoh hardware and electronics, so it just needed shielding

https://i.imgur.com/Of5kHtc.jpg
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7345
    Schnozz said:
    If I was to take everything out of my Les Paul Custom and re-do the electronics, what kind of kit/quantities would you recommend?

Bumblebee capacitors are £69!! Which seems crazy to me and I don't know which Les Paul years these apply to.

I'm not a modder and I've kept everything stock before, so this is new ground for me.

Does anyone have any advice? I think I'm going to go for Bare Knuckle Rebel Yells, or a Dimarzio PAF and Super Distortion.
    Bumblebees make shit capacitors, its hard to get them to stay still while you're soldering them.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ