Show us your siblings!

What's Hot
skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4176
I saw this on the gear page and thought it was quite a good idea... let's see your twins or siblings. I'll start: here's a superstrat and a supertele :)

Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Non identical triplets. 
    https://i.imgur.com/ESU51ia.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Non identical triplets. 
    https://i.imgur.com/ESU51ia.jpg
    What’s the one in the middle? Is that a production line Tele? I want one!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389

Not quite siblings but after that photo, the Strat is now expecting...

16reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8711
    Always up for this one:

Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72372
    Big brother, little sister.

(Little sister is actually older.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I may not stick about for the answer here, but..... why are so many of these lying on beds? :#
    I sometimes think, therefore I am intermittent
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Here's the closest I have to a real photo:

The things at the top of the LP is just a couple of plastic clips filled with tungsten putty - it counter balances the headstock and stops that feeling of the LP wanting to slide off the knee to the right, can just clip them on and off at will.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    I may not stick about for the answer here, but..... why are so many of these lying on beds?
    "It's me or the dog guitar."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31592
    0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7109
    I've got a pic of 2 lezzas on a bed but imgur won't let me show you it

what can I do?
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    thegummy said:

The things at the top of the LP is just a couple of plastic clips filled with tungsten putty - it counter balances the headstock and stops that feeling of the LP wanting to slide off the knee to the right, can just clip them on and off at will.
    Is that a different tribute to the one you had with the hairline crack on fretboard?
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tony99 said:
    thegummy said:

Is that a different tribute to the one you had with the hairline crack on fretboard?
    Same one. I put it in to a shop, not holding my breath but was amazed at the job the guy did - if looking at it microscopically you could just about sort of see something but otherwise it looks perfect, couldn't believe it.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7788

Triplets ?

httpwwwarrowheadguitarscoukpics2LPS2jpg

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    1reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GarpGarp Frets: 209

My Mexican Strats - one rosewood, one maple:

Musicman Luke 2 (HSS) and Luke 3 (HH):

PRS CE 24s - one early 90s goldtop with an alder body (and custom wound Fletcher pickups) and one late 90s mahogany body.
    I had the blue one fitted with a GK3 pickup as I was using a Roland GR-55 in the band I was in at the time :

80s Squier Strats - both short scale length (24.75").
    The red one was originally a single humbucker model but I had it routed for HSS about 30 years ago(!). The black one I acquired more recently (it had the EMG in it when I got it) but I have the original pickup somewhere:

It's only got five strings... and three of them are G.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    thegummy said:
    tony99 said:
    thegummy said:

Same one. I put it in to a shop, not holding my breath but was amazed at the job the guy did - if looking at it microscopically you could just about sort of see something but otherwise it looks perfect, couldn't believe it.
    I think it looks a little more like one of the newer LP studios there, the tangerine colour ones, very smart.

Proper fuming I can't put me pic up here.
    tony99 said:

I think it looks a little more like one of the newer LP studios there, the tangerine colour ones, very smart.

I changed all the trimmings/knobs etc. to black and loved the way it looked then I saw the new model they brought out that looks similar and I was raging they'd stolen my idea! lol

Same thing happened with Precision basses, I have one of the honey blonde 50s reissues that come with a gold pickguard but I changed it to white and loved the look. Then when the Player range came out, there's one with a similar off-white body and white pickguard.

Maybe the companies browse forums to steal people's mods!
    thegummy said:
    tony99 said:

I changed all the trimmings/knobs etc. to black and loved the way it looked then I saw the new model they brought out that looks similar and I was raging they'd stolen my idea! lol

Same thing happened with Precision basses, I have one of the honey blonde 50s reissues that come with a gold pickguard but I changed it to white and loved the look. Then when the Player range came out, there's one with a similar off-white body and white pickguard.

Maybe the companies browse forums to steal people's mods!
    Lol, wouldn't surprise me if they did. That looks ace though.