You lot with shaved heads.

What's Hot

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    Alternate between full-on wet shave, then electric for a few days ... that's how I manage my beard ....

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24279
    I just use regular clippers at a Grade 1.

It's not bald but it's easy and far less hassle.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    I use a Mach 3, good shaving soap/gel is essential as is leaving it to grow for a few days now and again as I find it stops any soreness especially in the summer
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    I shave my head a couple of times a week, wet using gel or shave oil and Gilette Fusion razors.

I've done it for over 20 years.

I swear by the Nivea for men sensitive shave balm afterwards, really brings the heat down.

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    A good polish between shaves is essential. Johnsons Turtle Wax soothes and protects.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 851
    Been shaving the dome for about 15 years and tried all sorts of razors.
    I've found the best results (for me) is achieved with cheap disposable 2 blade razors (get mine from Aldi  - 85p for a dozen and each razor gets me through a.couple of weeks). The fancy 5 blade types just drag too much & clog.
    I also use Body Shop shaving cream with a decent brush to soften the stubble a bit first.
    For my face I use the old style safety razor with blades.
    It's not the most environmentally friendly approach - I did try using the safety razor on the dome but ended up looking like I'd had a head massage from Freddy Krueger.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11901
    No idea about on the head. On my face I use King of shaves gel with a Phillips waterproof electric shaver.
    I finish it off with a Gillette power glide, to get extra smooth, but might be unnecessary for the scalp
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24312
    Where do you live Mr Werx ? I ask as I’m at college part time doing a barber course at the moment. It means I’ve got pretty much every shaving implement both old school and modern to hand.
    Don’t do it Werx!

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    A bunch of internet rabbit holes led me to try this stuff for shaving about a month or two back:
    Absolutely the best wet shaving soap I have ever used. 
    It gets a bit of flack for its smell.  I really like it as it happens but clearly this is what divides opinions.
    Still got hair on my head but I don't see why this wouldn't work for a wet shave of a scalp.

• DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7156
    Emp_Fab said:
    Where do you live Mr Werx ? I ask as I’m at college part time doing a barber course at the moment. It means I’ve got pretty much every shaving implement both old school and modern to hand.
    Don’t do it Werx!

Haha , that made me laugh.

I haven’t cut anyone yet but a mate of mine was born with 1 ear and he has a plastic one held in place by magnets implanted in his skull. He comes in every couple of weeks for a cut and to wind up a new fellow trainee I pretended to clumsily slice his ear off with a straight razor mid shave. I kid you not when it hit the floor they went as white as a sheet and had to sit down out the back of the shop for an hour as they totally freaked out.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BGGBGG Frets: 689
    Been wet shaving my head twenty odd years. 
    Best for me is cheapish blades, Gillette or BIC plastic disposable ones, then usually CoOp or Morrison’s own make shaving gel. Shave top of head, front to back, then down from the top to sides, then neck and back of head I do upwards.  Rinse with cold water then use Nivea aftershave balm.
    i find if I leave it say a week it’s tougher to shave and that means more irritation. 
    #thebatesmotelband
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2928
    Clippers with the guard off here.
  • ZonularZonular Frets: 62
    I had been using a Remington quick cut clippers for the last few months (bit the bullet recently) bought a electric razor from Lidl this week (part of the father's Day gifts) and it's great, my head is so smooth
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Emp_Fab said:
    Don’t do it Werx!

Haha , that made me laugh.

I haven’t cut anyone yet but a mate of mine was born with 1 ear and he has a plastic one held in place by magnets implanted in his skull. He comes in every couple of weeks for a cut and to wind up a new fellow trainee I pretended to clumsily slice his ear off with a straight razor mid shave. I kid you not when it hit the floor they went as white as a sheet and had to sit down out the back of the shop for an hour as they totally freaked out.
    Haha cheers for the offer man! I'm in London I'm afraid, but good to hear all the responses here, gives me a list of stuff to try and see what results I get! 

Yeah the razor burn is killer if I wet shave often. 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1559
    Saw this advertised on one of those video screens on the underground today...

https://www.skullshaver.eu/eu/
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72352
    Saw this advertised on one of those video screens on the underground today...

https://www.skullshaver.eu/eu/
    By an odd coincidence I came here to post exactly that, other than I saw it on the back of a bus!

I have to say I know absolutely nothing about this subject since I can now piss you all off enormously by saying that I'm still blessed with a completely full head of hair at the age of 51, but if that's useful to anyone then maybe you'll forgive me :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    Bidley said:
    Clippers with the guard off here.
    And me. Very easy and it means you can keep sideburns. 

Not sure I could Bic my head - I like a bit of hair where it still grows.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • SouthpawMarkSouthpawMark Frets: 620
    Get a hair transplant. I can recommend you an excellent chap in Brussels. 
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    I have had a Skullshaver. It worked very well. I actually have a full head of hair, but I hate having hair, so I have to balance what makes me feel comfortable with what my wife likes. I generally wetshave my head during summer under the excuse of it being “too hot to have hair.” The rest of the time I use a set of Wahl clippers with no guard or a number one guard. 
    I tried the Skullshaver Pitbull (so macho!) when Amazon had it on offer a while ago. Worked excellently - about as close as a wetshave after five hours or so. I could sit and watch tv and shave my head, easy to clean etc etc. I dropped it and the head exploded, so I bought a replacement head, but when last summer rolled around I went back to the razor which I ultimately prefer feel-wise. 
    That said, I have just bought a Remington Flex 360 which is widely regarded as being a better headshaver than the Skullshaver and is currently on offer for £35 or so from various outlets. Will let you know if it’s much cop when it arrives.

Have tried virtually all razors, multiple types of Headblade razors (razor isn’t for me but the balms, exfoliator and shave cream are *very* good). If you want to wetshave, I would advise against anything with more than 3 blades and I would start by shaving every 3 or 4 days and build up to shaving every 2 days. It will toughen your head without inviting too much burn. Try not to straight wetshave a week’s growth unless you’re very thinning/balding. You will just clog your razor and ask for burn and ingrowing hairs. Wear sun cream!!!!