13»

Comments

• duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    Cheers @Schnozz ;for the advice
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14434
    Schnozz said:
    Tanglewood Overwater ... PJ
    Good suggestion but their "soapbar" humbucker models might prove more adaptable. It is possible to buy P and J configuration pickups in EMG-35 sized housings.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    @5redlights ;

Just ordered a Talman TMB100 in walnut flat finish. Fingers crossed I should get it Wednesday/Thursday.

• LowenderLowender Frets: 3
    edited September 2019
    If I was going to buy a quality budget Bass I would defo choose an Indonesian G&L L-2000 Tribute. It is one versatile Bass and there isn't much difference when you compare them to a MIA.
  • MarihinoMarihino Frets: 0
    edited September 2019
    I just paid deposit for a Vintage V4 (P-bass copy) in Cash Converters. Didn't like the colour scheme of this particular one (sort of fiesta red with bad tort pickguard, very pale maple fretboard and painted headstock, which I don't like with maple fretboards) nor did I actually plan to buy anything there, but this thing got me with its tone and playability. All hardware is good quality (Wilkinson), fretwork nice with everything level, rounded edged etc, proper one piece neck (not glued fingerboard). Last year I bought an SX jazz brand new, and while I love its sound and looks as well as super stable quartersawn neck, the fretwork is really terrible with frets of different heights, some filed down to a flat surface and not crowned, bad edges etc. I must get round to doing it up one day. I put flats with high action on it, so kinda not bothered for now. My main squeeze is still a Fender Marcus Miller Jazz, had some nice Warwicks, Yamahas, other Fenders etc. Both the Vintage and the SX stand their ground tone-wise, but the V4 is comparable also in regard to hardware quality and playability. Much recommended. I agree with most recommendations before as well, just adding something for future searches