NGD: Fender Strat

What's Hot
SteveFSteveF Frets: 538
So this turned up from Peach today.  It wasn't the first one I ordered, but that order got cancelled as the tech at Peach found that the truss rod was seized solid and couldn't be adjusted.  The spec on this is exactly what I fancied though, minus the tortoiseshell scratch plate, which will be arriving soon. :)  I'm very happy with it. 

Nice of Peach to throw in a few bits - a couple of bottles of polish, a decent cloth and a string winder.  Also a t-shirt as a bit of a sorry about the mix up with the other guitar, which was a nice touch. 

A few highlights so far: 

The pickups sounds fantastic. 
The neck and fingerboard.  The rosewood is so dark and smooth with lovely rolled edges.  I also love the 7.25"-9" compound radius and the fretwork is awesome.   
The finish.  Lovely thin nitro.  Should age nicely. I was always after a NOS finish.  I don't mind relics, but fancied putting the wear on this one myself.  It's also a more unusual Chocolate 3TSB.  The outer finish is not as dark as most and I really like it. 

Lost a couple of hours this afternoon having a blast through a Victory V40 Duchess with a Thorpy Warthog set to a very low gain/high output setting, just adding a touch of hair.  Very responsive and really nice sounding.  

And one or two from Peach in better light: 

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SteveFSteveF Frets: 538
    Now if someone could just buy all the stuff I have for sale in the classifieds so I can remain married... 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kswilson89kswilson89 Frets: 222
    Good score! I was considering this exact guitar a couple of weeks ago, enjoy!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2804
    Lovely guitar.  That’s one of the nicest sunbursts I’ve ever seen.  Enjoy it!
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Beautiful. Nice one
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Annoyingly I can't tell the sunburst colour being different to normal from the photos but it looks great anyway, a total classic.

What color/material are the fret dots?

Will look even better with the tort, please post update when that's installed :)
    thegummy said:
    Annoyingly I can't tell the sunburst colour being different to normal from the photos but it looks great anyway, a total classic.

What color/material are the fret dots?

Will look even better with the tort, please post update when that's installed :)
    Dots are vintage clay :) kind of a light brownish colour. 

Will do - when the weather stops being so grim I’ll try and get some better photos of the finish too. The outer colour is a deep chocolate brown rather than black. 
    The young lad from Peach giving it a whirl - far better than I likely ever will! 

• NeilNeil Frets: 3624
    Gorgeous!

Not a fan of relics so that NOS finish looks excellent to me. 

Very poor that a Custom shop guitar would come with a seized truss rod but glad it's a happy ending.  :)
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24807
    Lovely looking Strat!
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1293
    Nice score man!

And a credit to Peach, nice to see dealer actually do the pre delivery checks, not just on a paper.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2019
    Neil said:
    Gorgeous!

Not a fan of relics so that NOS finish looks excellent to me. 

Very poor that a Custom shop guitar would come with a seized truss rod but glad it's a happy ending. 
    Yeah it's a shame - it was a gorgeous looking NOS 3TSB with a tort plate and a roasted maple neck which looked sublime, if a little non-traditional.  Very glad I asked for it to be set up with heavier strings when I ordered it, or I wonder if it would have been noticed until it was too late!  Absolutely not Peach's fault - these things happen I guess and they were fantastic about it.  

EDIT:  A couple of pics of the one that got away - a moment's silence if you please! 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    KrisGee said:
    Nice score man!

And a credit to Peach, nice to see dealer actually do the pre delivery checks, not just on a paper.
    Agreed - this was my first time using Peach and I will definitely be using them again. 
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921
    Gorgeous. HNGD.

• PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    Beautiful guitar! 
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 784
    Beautiful indeed unlike the one Peach have for 8.5k (you heard correctly) that has a broken scratchplate included . WTF.
    Happy NGD
  • dannyboy82dannyboy82 Frets: 150

Did you ask for the custom shop case? I thought a 59’ would come with the brown tolex jobbie?

Anyway, beautiful Strat. I recently picked up a used custom shop at just under what yours weighs.

I always thought I liked really light Strats but around 8lbs actually feels like a nice weight to me. Happy playing
    Didn’t ask for it, just what it came with. It may be they’ve sent me a case from a different guitar? Either way, I like this one. :)
  • Mark1960Mark1960 Frets: 326
    She's a beute! I remember my first (and only Strat) I couldn't put it down, and for days I used to keep opening the case just to look at it before work or just before bed!
    gordiji said:
    Beautiful indeed unlike the one Peach have for 8.5k (you heard correctly) that has a broken scratchplate included . WTF.
    Happy NGD
    Just had a look at that!! Wow at the price. I’m assuming the broken plate is intentional and part of the relicing?
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389

Did you ask for the custom shop case? I thought a 59’ would come with the brown tolex jobbie?

Anyway, beautiful Strat. I recently picked up a used custom shop at just under what yours weighs.

I always thought I liked really light Strats but around 8lbs actually feels like a nice weight to me. Happy playing
    If a new guitar arrived and I opened it to find a brown jobbie I would be nonplussed.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom