Premier League 2019/2020 Season

What's Hot

Comments

• Watching my footballing enemies knock fook out of all before them, certainly means my bleedin season's over....

MUFC. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4987
    When will the bookies pay out bets on Liverpool winning the Premier League?

Good to see the Toffees climbing the table.  Their next game is against Manchester City....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    Pellegrini latest in the sack race... Who will replace him?

• Nitefly said:

Tony Pulis haha
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    Watford off the bottom and can see the exit door of the drop zone at last !!!!!!
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    Nitefly said:

Makes me laugh, all these fans turn their noses up at the likes of Allerdyce and Moyes, but they do a decent job. 
  • Gutted to lose that one to the Chels 2-1, for 82 minutes we were outstanding. Passion, aggression, desire and organisation. Then an individual error plus lack of concentration at the back cost us the game. But can definitely take a lot from that first 35 minutes in particular. Arteta's already shaping up the team to be a lot better without the ball. I even saw Ozil tackling which is a first!! Lacazette held the ball up well plus Aubameyang was amazing out on that left, playing for the team, getting stuck into those tackles.
  • Gutted to lose that one to the Chels 2-1, for 82 minutes we were outstanding. Passion, aggression, desire and organisation. Then an individual error plus lack of concentration at the back cost us the game. But can definitely take a lot from that first 35 minutes in particular. Arteta's already shaping up the team to be a lot better without the ball. I even saw Ozil tackling which is a first!! Lacazette held the ball up well plus Aubameyang was amazing out on that left, playing for the team, getting stuck into those tackles.
    Playing our lot next on NYD, what’s your prediction?

Battle of the fallen giants.  We’ve won 2 in a row now, which would normally be classed as momentum, but generally means we lose the third in disappointing style.   Plus you are below us in the league giving you a major advantage.   My hope is you play like a top 4 team and come at us so we can play our only effective tactic of counter attacking.

1-1
  • VAR still ruining football I see. Can't be many apologists for the weekly farce left by now, surely? 
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    Nitefly said:

Step forward, David Moyes!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50942538

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11324
    VAR still ruining football I see. Can't be many apologists for the weekly farce left by now, surely? 
    One of the problems is that VAR has been introduced at the same time as a couple of utterly bone-headed amendments to the laws of the game have been introduced.

The handball law is no longer fit for purpose. It used to be simple; ball/arm to hand was a problem, ball to hand/arm wasn't. There had to be an element of deliberation. Now you can win a penalty/free kck by thumping the ball at someone.

They've also buggered about with the offside law. All this business about only if a part of you that can score is offside is it an offence.

The other, of course, is that they are trying to make line decisions using technology that isn't good enough to make line decisions. You can etch-a-sketch all over the screen, it's still inexact. A football version of cricket's umpire's call is needed.

Fix the offside law, fix the handball law, acknowledge the technical limitations of VAR and there you go. Can I have my knighthood now, please?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Playing our lot next on NYD, what’s your prediction?

Battle of the fallen giants.  We’ve won 2 in a row now, which would normally be classed as momentum, but generally means we lose the third in disappointing style.   Plus you are below us in the league giving you a major advantage.   My hope is you play like a top 4 team and come at us so we can play our only effective tactic of counter attacking.

1-1
    Hmm tough one, might nick a win but it'll be a slim one if we do. If we can keep that energy up we showed in that first 82 minutes yesterday we could be in for a hell of a game. As we're at home we have to go out and win the game meaning we could leave spaces at the back.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    VAR still ruining football I see. Can't be many apologists for the weekly farce left by now, surely? 
    VAR is a crock of sh*te, mostly down to the refs appalling interpretation. Offsides need to be obvious, not slide rule calculations.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11324
    As a Spurs fan of 50+ years I've seen the good times and the bad, but it's been a long time since I've seen such a shower of shit as I've just seen.

On second thoughts, that's unfair.

To showers of shit.
  • Well what a first win for Arteta, almost a repeat of the Chelsea game just 8 minutes more. Thankfully we didn't lose concentration and saw it out. Lacazette again worked so hard to hold the ball up. Pepe took his goal well and will only continue to develop. Ozil chasing back is something I can get used to! Defence was mostly untroubled as Utd were poor.
  • As a Saints fan, yesterday’s win against Leicester was very sweet. But how on earth does a team with mainly the same players, go from being an abject dumpster fire to being second in the form table, behind Liverpool, In such a short period of time?

The transformation is very peculiar. It can’t all be down to the improved form of Danny Ings can it? 
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Man City storming into second place. Now we just need Liverpool to lose 6 on the trot.....
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    edited January 2020
    I'm in again now the mighty Watford are outside the drop zone.  

Agree that VAR is seemingly arbitrary and very inconsistent.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • As a Saints fan, yesterday’s win against Leicester was very sweet. But how on earth does a team with mainly the same players, go from being an abject dumpster fire to being second in the form table, behind Liverpool, In such a short period of time?

The transformation is very peculiar. It can’t all be down to the improved form of Danny Ings can it? 
    It is amazing what a bit of belief will do. When Albion got relegated last, we were not actually that bad, we were just consistently 5% or so behind our opposition and believed that's all we were. Add to that a complete lack of faith in what they were being told to do by successive managers, they were utterly inept. Until somebody they liked came in and we almost stayed up as a result.

Hence why you need managers to do their job. Fergie usually won the league without the best squad in the league in his latter years, for example
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    jellyroll said:
    Man City storming into second place. Now we just need Liverpool to lose 6 on the trot.....
    I watched the hilights on MOTD and felt 6-1 flattered Villa; always amazes me that anyone can be paid so much money to do a job they love and still act like moody children. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.