Premier League 2019/2020 Season

What's Hot
18910111214»

Comments

• I hadn’t seen today’s results and put on MOTD. Wow, who would have thought Watford would have done that but, on the hi-lights, much the better team on the day. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited March 2020
    axisus said:
    More depressing Man U stuff. I like Ole, and sacking the manager again won't actually fix anything. Having said that, I don't think he's the man to rebuild the club. We have some good young players at the moment, but we need to set the whole club on the right track to reap any reward from them. I'd like to see Woodward go (been saying this for years!), a proper rebuild manager come in - no idea who, but someone forward thinking, not an old dinosaur like Mourinho was, and also a top to bottom look at how the club is set up, with an emphasis on football rather than business

I never liked Lukaku, I didn't see him as a Man U player, but we should have either kept him or got a replacement in at the time. We need to cut out the deadwood players and invest in better quality. 

I'm not expecting a quick fix, but I'd like to see us moving in the right direction. 
    Julian Nagelsmann ... if he could be persuaded to come there! Real Madrid offered him the managers job when he was 28, and he's now 32.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited March 2020
    Nevermind Watford ... the mighty Palace shit on the Seaweed again, and they look in all kinds of trouble. 

M23 bragging rights secured for at least another year. Possibly longer if the weeds contrive to get themselves relegated. D

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • AustrianJohnAustrianJohn Frets: 1680
    One of the motivations for introducing VAR was to put an end to the Saturday evening discussions on MOTD where TV replays showed a refereeing decision to be clearly wrong.

Now we have a Bournemouth goal scored after a push in the back and Fred booked instead of being awarded a penalty after being tripped in the box - and VAR was incapable of correcting either decision.

So instead of debating bad decisions we debate how badly VAR is being implemented. Not really progress is it :'(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    One of the motivations for introducing VAR was to put an end to the Saturday evening discussions on MOTD where TV replays showed a refereeing decision to be clearly wrong.

Now we have a Bournemouth goal scored after a push in the back and Fred booked instead of being awarded a penalty after being tripped in the box - and VAR was incapable of correcting either decision.

So instead of debating bad decisions we debate how badly VAR is being implemented. Not really progress is it :'(

As a United fan, I don't mind that it wasn't a penalty as it was minimal contact.  But how he was booked is beyond me, it wasn't even a theatrical fall.  Madness.  

However, by letter of the law, VAR should have given it.  There was contact
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4983
    Yesterday I spoke to a serious Liverpool fan. He hoped that City would beat United. Even after I pointed out that a United win would mean that Liverpool would only require two wins to be crowned Champions. His hatred for United runs deep.....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14263
    tFB Trader
    joeyowen said:

As a United fan, I don't mind that it wasn't a penalty as it was minimal contact.  But how he was booked is beyond me, it wasn't even a theatrical fall.  Madness.  

However, by letter of the law, VAR should have given it.  There was contact
    as far as I could tell VAR did not even look at it - Certainly wasn't a booking - Was it a penalty ? - maybe !!!!!
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Rocker said:
    Yesterday I spoke to a serious Liverpool fan. He hoped that City would beat United. Even after I pointed out that a United win would mean that Liverpool would only require two wins to be crowned Champions. His hatred for United runs deep.....
    I find it rather sad that people have that kind of mindset. It's just a game. As a Man U fan I can applaud Liverpool for having an incredible season, and when Arsenal were nicking out trophies back in the day I still had great admiration for the likes of Viera, Henri, Bergkamp et al. If someone is bringing hatred to the table then maybe they have some form of mental illness in my opinion.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    What a difference one signing can make. Fernandes is looking superb for Man U already, he has lifted the whole team. If we keep playing well I think we can steal 3rd this year. You never know with football though.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 3rd?????

I still think we can win it.......

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    axisus said:
    What a difference one signing can make. Fernandes is looking superb for Man U already, he has lifted the whole team. If we keep playing well I think we can steal 3rd this year. You never know with football though.
    Leicester have certainly found a free fall button in recent weeks - Probably been punching above their weight all season - But credit due to them for hitting such highs - Shows how far some of the established teams have slipped, for whatever reason that maybe

To MUFC fans - Can you see Pogba and Bruno in the same team ?

But yes Bruno appears to have injected something into the team - They certainly deserved the win yesterday and created a few good opportunities in the build up, with only the wrong pass at the end letting them down - James was one example - City certainly were either subdued or Man U stopped them playing - Maybe a bit of both
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    axisus said:

Nope!

I'm not really going to make comparisons yet, as it is very early days for Bruno.  However, he is looking great and I feel we are fecked if he gets injured! I can't quite work out how they would both play together.  It would either be amazing, or they would get in each others way.

One thing for sure, I feel we aren't held to ransom by potential Pogba buyers now.  We are doing just' fine' without him
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3495
    Leicester have certainly found a free fall button in recent weeks - Probably been punching above their weight all season - But credit due to them for hitting such highs - Shows how far some of the established teams have slipped, for whatever reason that maybe

Ndidi's not been in the team for the last few weeks, who IMO is one of the most under rated players which has happened with a time where Vardy hasn't been scoring as frequently as he was. 

Aside from Liverpool, most of the other teams at the top seem to be in transition in some way.  Maybe not the greatest for quality but it has lead to a few more open matches here and there/unexpected results.
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5854
    It's good to know that all the Armchair Pundits who consigned The Blades to relegation at the start of this season will all be eating Humble Pie next season when we win The Europa League!

I might be overly optimistic though ;)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • axisus said:

I think Pogba needs a player like Bruno in the same midfield. Just like he needed Pirlo. 

Pogba, Bruno, McTominay. 

Now that's a United midfield. 
    tFB Trader
    See below - This was my initial comments at the start of the season - So wrong about Spurs and totally wrong about relegation

Let's start a new chat about the Premier League for 2019/2020 - Fixtures out and games start 9th Aug

I'm going for Top 2 - Liverpool + Man City - Pretty obvious really - Just which order

Spurs - 3rd

Fight for 4th and a few points behind - Chelsea, Man Utd + Arsenal

Then a small gang including Wolves, Everton + Leicester who sit above the bottom half but can't challenge the top 5/6 clubs

Relegation and I have Sheff Utd + I fear for Brighton this year - So one more, so a fight out between Norwich, C Palace and maybe Burnley or Soton - But I think Newcastle need to sort themselves out to avoid getting dragged into such a fight

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4917
    Nitefly said:
    Not sure Lampard is ready for Chelsea just yet.

Ah well, wrong again!

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4917
    Nitefly said:
    proggy said:
    I think Lampard should have stayed at Derby to be honest. He's just a sentimental signing by Chelsea with very little experience, and being as Abramovich and Buck are so trigger-happy anyway, he'll probably do well to last one season.
    Absolutely this - too much too soon.

If he lasts until the end of his three-year contract, I'll show my arse in woolies' window.

My arse is safe!  

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom