Joyo amp sims ?

What's Hot
melodmelod Frets: 136
so Ingot the very versatile and cool soundin hx stomp. It’s great and I haven’t even tried yet to plug it in my amps effect loop but .... I am so f..... lazy even pushing 3 buttons. Plus I end up using like 3 amp sounds mainly for practice.

should instead get a couple of cheap joyo sims like the American sound and save me some pennies ....?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7132
    joyo ac tone?
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    melod said:
    so Ingot the very versatile and cool soundin hx stomp. It’s great and I haven’t even tried yet to plug it in my amps effect loop but .... I am so f..... lazy even pushing 3 buttons. Plus I end up using like 3 amp sounds mainly for practice.

should instead get a couple of cheap joyo sims like the American sound and save me some pennies ....?

Try it before you decide. I think the new generation of modellers with IR cabinet impulses sound far superior to older modellers. 
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10657
    tFB Trader
    I use my old Joyo American all the time ...
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12416
    Joyo american sound is brilliant if you dig fender sounds.  Can make my silverface sound like a tweed, could make my blues JR sound like a blackface, all with variable drive.  Best £35 I have ever spent I think, apart from in the red light district of amsterdam.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FatfredFatfred Frets: 7
    Those Joyo American Sound pedals also sound really good direct into the PA. Run one clean and then put another one after it for the dirty sounds - Voila! - channel switching without all the expense!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rossirossi Frets: 1707
    American sound and AC are great .I got my AC from Gumtree like new for less that 20 .I run mine through a Little jazz.
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7233
    Anyone ever run one of these through a Jazz Chorus and if so how did it sound ?
    tFB Trader
    My current rig for rockabilly is a Tele run into a rather grungy Joyo delay fixed with a nice slapback ... into a Joyo American ... then into a Katana set clean. Sounds perfect for what I want.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• ewalewal Frets: 2605
    I use a Joyo American Sound for all home recording. It's pretty much set and forget. Only time I notice it is when I forget to switch it on. When I started to look at HX stuff I ended up getting the HX Effects because I was happy with the American Sound and didn't want to get bogged down in amp sim options paralysis.
  • melodmelod Frets: 136
    munckee said:
    Joyo american sound is brilliant if you dig fender sounds.  Can make my silverface sound like a tweed, could make my blues JR sound like a blackface, all with variable drive.  Best £35 I have ever spent I think, apart from in the red light district of amsterdam.

wisdom!!
  • smigeonsmigeon Frets: 284
    Anyone ever run one of these through a Jazz Chorus and if so how did it sound ?
    Yes, I have used one into my JC-40. Sounds best straight into the fx loop return, I find. Sounds as good or better than the JC’s own preamp, and with a fairly convincing Fender flavour. I really like its EQ, lots of variety possible and it seems easier to home in on the sound you are chasing than with the JC’s EQ.
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7233
    Fantastic, thanks @smigeon ;
  • melodmelod Frets: 136
    Thank you all for the info. Might give it a shot as they are quite cheap.
    tFB Trader
    melod said:
    Thank you all for the info. Might give it a shot as they are quite cheap.
    You won't regret it ...

• Dave_VaderDave_Vader Frets: 360
    Anybody running one of these straight at a PA with no actual amp?
    It's for a very lazy idea involving saving my back.
  • FatfredFatfred Frets: 7
    Yep - I ran a pair of these on my board for quite a while straight into the PA. Nobody ever had anything but compliments about the sound. I replaced them with a pair of the smaller Joyo amp sim pedals to save space, but they didn't sound as lovely as the American Sound.
    Nowadays I run a Helix so I can have whatever amp I want!
  • Dave_VaderDave_Vader Frets: 360
    Excellent, they're cheap enough I can get a couple and decide which I like best.
    No more amp-carrying for me....
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7132
    Do I need one if I've got a boss katana 50?

I'm nowt but a humble noodler btw
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • midlifecrisismidlifecrisis Frets: 2343
    yes, i did when i was running an open mic session. i had the joyo california one, electric guitar in it then straight into PA, sounded great
    tFB Trader
    tony99 said:
    Do I need one if I've got a boss katana 50?

I'm nowt but a humble noodler btw
    The clean and drive sounds from the 'American' through my Katana clean ... sound better than the Katana's own 'Fendery' sound.