Joyo amp sims ?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7132
    tony99 said:
    Do I need one if I've got a boss katana 50?

I'm nowt but a humble noodler btw
    The clean and drive sounds from the 'American' through my Katana clean ... sound better than the Katana's own 'Fendery' sound. 
    I've actually got the AC and have never bothered with it.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • starwarsnosebleedstarwarsnosebleed Frets: 2357
    edited June 2019
    The pink British Sound one is pretty decent too
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12416
    tony99 said:

The clean and drive sounds from the 'American' through my Katana clean ... sound better than the Katana's own 'Fendery' sound. 
    Interesting I’ve just picked a katana purely so I wouldn’t need pedals!  I’m not trying the American sound with it because before I know it I will be building a second board for the katana, thus defeating the whole point of having one,  
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7132
    munckee said:
    tony99 said:

Interesting I’ve just picked a katana purely so I wouldn’t need pedals!  I’m not trying the American sound with it because before I know it I will be building a second board for the katana, thus defeating the whole point of having one,  
    This was my reasoning.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18967
    melod said:
    Thank you all for the info. Might give it a shot as they are quite cheap.
    You won't regret it ...
    Further interesting read on Joyo/Ammoon/Harley Benton here  http://www.squier-talk.com/threads/ammoons-american-sound-a-tech-21-blond-pedal-clone.132456/

Amazon UK do Ammoon AP-13 for £28.99.
    I don't need one, but at that price, well... I don't know.

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10657
    tFB Trader
    tony99 said:
    munckee said:
    tony99 said:

This was my reasoning.
    I love the Katana, and find it's Marshall like tones really good on its own... likewise it's reverb and echo effects are nice ...however ... it falls a little short with it's Fender amp tones (though if I could be bothered no doubt I could dial something in) and more importantly its slapback echo is limited. Yes I could go edit stuff on the computer and change things ... but with three pedals: my Korg Pitch Black tuner, which would be in the line anyway, the 'American' and a delay, I can plug 'my sound' into the front end of of any of my amps or straight to a PA or even DAW. 
    The Katana is super light, and my other amps are all valve and heavy ... that's the reason I went for it . 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12416
    edited June 2019
    I’ve got the Ammoon American sound (same as Joyo) it’s a brilliant pedal. There was a test video on In the blues YouTube where he played through the American sound and compared it with a fender, maybe a deluxe reverb, and in the blind test the Pedal came out on top, not the most reliable method but it’s great for the money. It pretty much gets the fat low end and toppy sparkle.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • FatfredFatfred Frets: 7
    FWIW the little Mooer amp sim pedals are really good too, although a little more pricey.
  • timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 272
    Does a great job in this demo when you consider the other pedal are waaaay more expensive.

• siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    Anybody running one of these straight at a PA with no actual amp?
    It's for a very lazy idea involving saving my back.
    Yep.  I ran an American Sound direct to the PA for a few years until I changed to Helix.   
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
  • melodmelod Frets: 136
    Got hold of an American sound. Really loved it and only run it through some average speakers. For what I need it, it might drive me to sell my HX stomp...
  • stevehsteveh Frets: 233
    I have a Sansamp British (I gather from this thread that Joyo are based on the Sansamp line?).
    Anyways, back in the day I was a very early adopter of the Fractal Axe-FX. I hade one of the very first units in the UK, after a loooong wait: I sold it within a couple of weeks. Why? Well, the bottom line was that I spent my whole time twiddling knobs and moving from one preset to another endlessly. In complete contrast, the Sansamp was a piece-of-pi*s to set up and sounded great for a fraction of the price; the Fractal was very "hi-fi" whereas the Sansamp was very organic.

I know it sounds barmy - dude prefers Sansamp to Axe-FX - but sometimes its about what you need to get the job done.

Having said that, thinking of trying an HX stomp...