Camcorders?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3454
    Flash is useful for example on a holiday snap when the sun is behind the subject, one of my kids for instance has a butterfly land on his nose, the sun is behind him, I dont have much time, flash up, point, shoot, hope it came out Ok. You know, that sort of thing.

Basically, I'm after a point and shoot that I can get more involved with when I want to, but still be able to resort back to point and shoot when I need to. Thats why I think a basic DSLR would be good for me.

My bridge camera was brilliant for this, point and shoot was great, zoom was great, but for more involved stuff it has its limits. Also , because I am not a photographer and have very little experience I would like something that my skill level can grow into, night time, night sky and lightening are my main goals but my basic point and shoot capability's are a must. 
    This is about as creative as I could get with my bridge cameras functions.

A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Tbh it sounds like you have already decided and no one can help in your decision. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Tbh it sounds like you have already decided and no one can help in your decision. 
    However... following the discussion has been really useful!  For example I've been using a camcorder for some of my work and it has been fine just for keeping records of sessions but then you start to see that it would be really useful to make some teaching videos.  Lights made such a difference!  omg can't state that enough -- just those two daft lights I mentioned totally upped the quality.  Only now I'm starting to think... well, what if I?  And so instead of just looking at camcorders I'm thinking of some of the other options mentioned here but that's all new information.
    The other thing is that my software has suddenly decided to crap out on me.  I was using a discounted Sony Vegas 14 re-branded as Magix or something and it was fine until recently when I exit the program and the laptop just makes white noise till you re-boot.  So it's crap like that! 
    And that's where these threads are useful for others :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3454
    Thought I would revive an old thread guys, I bought a 200D and it arrived with a couple of lenses, one of which didn't work as it should, so back it went. I ended up with a really great deal on an 800D, it came with an 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 STM IS which isnt bad but I also bought a 50mm f/1.8 STM as well, thats a great lens for the money, brilliant for photos of the kids. The 800D pretty much cost the same as the 200D with Canon cash back and currys 100 quid off one day deal so it was a bit of a no brainer. Totally over the moon with it, its a great bit of kit, easy to use, takes great photos and is just enough for me to get my teeth into without baffling me altogether. I am interested in night time photography and also lightning shots, its been cloudy here lately with no clear skies but I did get some lightning shots.

So for my first lightning shots Im quite happy, a trigger will be my next purchase to take decent shots of lightning and maybe a better location. I also need to get my head around editing software for night time shots, but I will get there eventually.

Big thanks to everyone for the advice, its been greatly appreciated.

A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom