Talking of weird-shaped guitars...

What's Hot

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30945
    Well at least there's no danger of Gibson sue-ing for that one.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11345
    Gassage said:
    No? I think they invented flames.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2644
    "The Minarik Inferno is the most scientifically advanced electric guitar ever built."

Apparently. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72590
    Neil said:
    I've never LoL'd a guitar before simply due to politeness but I'm sorry Harry I really did laugh when I saw it even though being you I guessed it would be something mad, although quite how mad I had no idea.  :o

I generally love your posts and you do keep this place interesting. 

There was no malice in the LOL.  :)
    I laughed too. Not just because it's so un-Harry-like, but because my first thought was "finally, we do now know of one person who actually bought one!"

:)

Gassage said:
    Are you sure about that? I mean, in a smoky bar... well, maybe after everyone's gone home and the lights have been turned off...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14571
    Gassage said:
    Alembic might have something to say about the upper bout horns. Very Jerry Garcia Warlock.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    Neil said:
    I've never LoL'd a guitar before simply due to politeness but I'm sorry Harry I really did laugh when I saw it even though being you I guessed it would be something mad, although quite how mad I had no idea.  :o

It’s all good! :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Wow! I remember these being quite nice guitars... How is it? 
    Wow! I remember these being quite nice guitars... How is it? 
    Plays great. :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30306
    Philly_Q said:
    Minarik guitars are the guitars footballers would buy if they weren't too busy buying sports cars and crashing them on the way to Nandos.

I think they're grotesquely fascinating but I'd have thought you'd find them too blingy, H.

This one's a bit more subtle and restrained.
    Maybe suitable for the more mature gentleman.
    Sassafras said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Minarik guitars are the guitars footballers would buy if they weren't too busy buying sports cars and crashing them on the way to Nandos.

I think they're grotesquely fascinating but I'd have thought you'd find them too blingy, H.

Ideal for elderly Jazz aficionados, I’d have thought...

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23070
    Here's one designed to appeal to the simple, utiltarian tastes of Marxist revolutionaries.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Philly_Q said:
    Here's one designed to appeal to the simple, utiltarian tastes of Marxist revolutionaries.

I don’t think I could spot any differences between that and a TVY LPJ, to be honest...it’s the same pared down, functional aesthetic, isn’t  it?

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    Minarik custom shop do an Effin model. So a guy walks in to a guitar shop and says, "I want one of those effin guitars please".  :#
  • FatPeteFatPete Frets: 683
    I knew it reminded me of something

Trading feedback: Trading feedback
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    drwiddly said:
    Calling @andy1839!
    Ha!

Yep, had one of these for the last ten years.
    Great guitars. Well put together, Seymour Duncan pickups, tone pros hardware.

Great feeling neck too.

Ive gigged mine a fair bit, big bit of kit though, I'm always catching speaker poles or punters with it.

Also had a medusa (the Coheed guitar) which was great too.

I'll probably end up with one of the USA models at some point, the firebolt is a particular favourite. 

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18968
    Sassafras said:
    Philly_Q said:

Only one control knob?
    I suppose it is for volume as the guitar itself will lower the tone.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3404
    ICBM said:
    Neil said:

I laughed too. Not just because it's so un-Harry-like, but because my first thought was "finally, we do now know of one person who actually bought one!"

Gassage said:
    Are you sure about that? I mean, in a smoky bar... well, maybe after everyone's gone home and the lights have been turned off...

Gibson definitely ripped off that outline from somewhere. It'll come to me......
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14571
    The bits that Mexico didn't want.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18968
    Bit of an older item.
    https://otheroom.com/namm17/guitars.html
    I now have a hankering for an ElectroPhonic...
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4993
    NelsonP said:
    ICBM said:
    Neil said:

Gassage said:

Gibson definitely ripped off that outline from somewhere. It'll come to me......
    Reminds me of something about a wall.  Or North to Alaska.....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum