Guitar Selection Opinions please...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3042
    Cols said:
    A gig at a primary school fete is probably the least worst time to break out a kid-themed guitar.  Just don’t get carried away and start doing hip-thrusting Hendrixisms towards the audience.
    Weirdly our band play a lot of our gigs for the vintage biker crowd. The Hello Kitty guitar goes down surprisingly well at these events as it obvious that it’s just a bit of a laugh.  For a middle age bloke to be playing one in maybe its ‘natural’  environment loses the irony a bit and I started questioning myself...
    Maybe you *are* questioning yourself, which is why you're asking the question? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3019
    I guess I could take Spongebeb too, but I’d need to do a bit of work on it first. It’s nowhere near as good to play as the Squier.  I’ve got a SD custom pickup kicking around in a box somewhere, I could put that in the Spongebob and pep it up a bit.

It is however, possibly less creepy than the Squier.

hmm decisions deductions.
  • breadfanbreadfan Frets: 379
    edited June 2019
    Just leave the Wangcaster at home 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    thegummy said:
    skunkwerx said:
    Play creep on it. 
    Or "I Love Little Girls" by Oingo Boingo
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H2LQMElLoLs

No way anyone could take offence at that.  
  • ColsCols Frets: 7002
    On reflection, we could probably have an entirely new thread titled “Songs Which Will Result In @Flanging_Fred Never Being Invited To Play The School Fete Ever Again, And Will Most Likely Result In A Court Order Forbidding Him From Coming With 200 Yards Of School Gates”.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Fiddle About by the Who 
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5754
    Doesn’t seem at all creepy to me. If I turned up to our school fete and saw you playing that, I’d be pretty impressed. As would my smalls 
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9663
    Cols said:
    On reflection, we could probably have an entirely new thread titled “Songs Which Will Result In @Flanging_Fred Never Being Invited To Play The School Fete Ever Again, And Will Most Likely Result In A Court Order Forbidding Him From Coming With 200 Yards Of School Gates”.
    Likewise, a guitar adorned with the Blind Faith album cover could go a long way in achieving this.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18754
    Cols said:
    The Commodores "Young girls are my weakness"  is probably best avoided.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26994
    Has anyone suggested My Ding-a-ling yet...? 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10389
    tFB Trader
    Gary Glitter medially? My Sharona?  
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14426
    IMO, the very fact that anyone feels the need to ask this question proves that political correctness has gorn mad.

What is Rock ‘n’ Roll if not sexually suggestive? Should primary school children be exposed to this depraved and corrupting influence? Maybe, some of them already have been corrupted by local clergy, scoutmasters and sports coaches? Who knows?

I suggest that the OP’s school entertainment event be likened to pantomime at the theatre. Family entertainment with elements designed to appeal to all age groups in different ways. 

Song suggestion - Too Much Monkey Business in the style of Michael Jackson.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    Cols said:
    The Commodores "Young girls are my weakness"  is probably best avoided.

Also perhaps one to avoid: Gary Puckett and the Union Gap - Young Girl.

• Ack! I tried to post a picture of the event but it’s not playing ball atm. 

TL:DR. I took the Hello Kitty Strat and it went down a storm...
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    It's a bit sad that we live in a world where some people consider this creepy rather than fun.