Fender Custom Shop values

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5449
    TINMAN82 said:
    Whitecat said:
    Do you only get 60's style oval C necks on CS Strats?  I thought my love affair with Strats was over but this is swinging me right back into wanting one.  Preferably not a relic though!
    It's pretty common (often gets used on 60-62 and 64 models), but I suppose that's because it's popular. You can get anything you want if it's your order, otherwise the neck shape is usually dictated by the year it's simulating, which on Strats goes from big (mid 50s, e.g. 10/56 or 57 Soft V) to thin-is (59, 63 - I've seen 63s with both the 60's oval and its own proprietary '63 carve which I believe is thinner), to medium ("mid-60s") back to bigger again once you get to 1965...
    My ‘61 has a 65 C neck (as spec’d by Coda) and it’s perfect.
    That’s a great combo IMO - aesthetics of the 61 but with a bigger neck would be pretty sweet for me. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    ICBM said:

Edit: this is it - and it's absolutely amazing to play.  So much so that, despite listing it, I am teetering on keeping it.  It's the only single coil guitar I own, as it stands, and I've fallen in love with how it feels and plays.

Keep it. There's no other sensible option.

Personally I'm not a fan of the colour-over-sunburst thing at all, I think it looks horrible, but I could probably live with it if I'd acquired it by accident and loved the guitar.
    I think the colour looks pretty cool. Seems a no brainer not to sell if you love it that much. Not all strats, even custom shops, are made equal so it could take a while to find another like it.
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9369
    Fender’s best custom colour in my view.
    The colour over colour is a more expensive option, but it also polarises opinion a bit so probably doesn’t add second hand value.
    Someone above said that cs secondhand prices are rising. I’ve seen no evidence of that. The market for guitars is tough and there are so many cs models on eBay, I still don’t think anything is selling much above 2k unless it’s mega cool/rare. The rarer (Paisley for example) was closer to £2700 used at Coda so will fetch more. If you’re not in a hurry, I’d chance it at £2300 on eBay and hope someone really wants a lpb strat, but you might have to reduce or accept an offer before you sell
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3774
    This is edging closer to withdrawn from sale.  It really is blowing me away how much I like it.
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    This is edging closer to withdrawn from sale.  It really is blowing me away how much I like it.
    You’ll regret selling it. Sounds like something else needs to go if it’s about freeing up cash.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    TINMAN82 said:
    You’ll regret selling it. Sounds like something else needs to go if it’s about freeing up cash.
    Withdrawn from sale.

Now, any advice on removing springs to get the tremolo moving again? Will it require much adjustment? And from five springs to three/four?

My band, Red For Dissent
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72574
    Now, any advice on removing springs to get the tremolo moving again? Will it require much adjustment? And from five springs to three/four?
    Three is usually right for 9s or 10s. If the bridge has been set up correctly, that's all you should need to do except for adjusting the claw screws to give the right amount of tension. If you want the traditional range of movement you should be looking for about 2-3mm clearance between the back edge of the bridge and the body.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks, @icbm ;

My band, Red For Dissent
    TINMAN82 said:
    Withdrawn from sale.

Wise decision! Enjoy the strat.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom