What's Hot
2»

Comments

• chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3968
    Sad news, really hope it gets it back.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3078
    axisus said:
    what ... the ... feck!?!?! I can't fathom how one could forget a guitar!?!?!

Still, what is done is done, I sincerely hope it gets returned. 

You probably hope you won’t do it yourself....
    Not unless I'm blinded by the sun.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3044
    axisus said:

Still, what is done is done, I sincerely hope it gets returned. 

You probably hope you won’t do it yourself....
    Not unless I'm blinded by the sun.
    He normally takes the train, but Birmingham is a suicide drive.
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3044
    Chris just posted this on FB:

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    Excellent!  Nice to hear some good news and man and guitar reunited. Hope the gumtree scumbag seller got some heat.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3078
    It's probably been Round the Universe a couple of times on it's way back to him. Fantastic news.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• FezFez Frets: 525
    HAL9000 said:
    axisus said:

Not quite the same, but unloaded the car one evening and took everything indoors. Next morning I realised I was a guitar short. Thankfully it was still on my driveway (which considering that I live in Crawley is nothing short of miraculous).

Anyway, hope the OP's turns up.
    Which goes to show that Crawley isn't quite as bad as some would have you believe. If it was Stockport where we came from the guitar would have been gone before your key turned in the lock.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3217
    It’s a pity, as the one time I saw the guy live I was so excited having enjoyed the ‘yards’ album he had put out, but he was a total dick when I spoke to him.

I can’t help but feel this whole situation was karma for those moments he forgot he wasn’t actually a rock god.
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3053
    Back in college there were two friends who often lent guitars to each other.

one of these friends had a fondness for weed at all times.

on his way home on the bus, this friend left his friends guitar behind. A Prestige Ibanez S which at the time was around £700.

he hadn’t realised till a couple of days later. When he did remember, his parents had to buy a replacement guitar (Gibson SG standard).

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9551
    Great story and a brilliant ending ! 
  • It’s a pity, as the one time I saw the guy live I was so excited having enjoyed the ‘yards’ album he had put out, but he was a total dick when I spoke to him.

I can’t help but feel this whole situation was karma for those moments he forgot he wasn’t actually a rock god.
    People are allowed a bad night or two. It's when you're a regular on the UK's biggest guitar forum and everyone hates you that you need to be careful! ;)

Bye!

• TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3217
    It’s a pity, as the one time I saw the guy live I was so excited having enjoyed the ‘yards’ album he had put out, but he was a total dick when I spoke to him.

People are allowed a bad night or two. It's when you're a regular on the UK's biggest guitar forum and everyone hates you that you need to be careful! ;)
    Shit @WiresDreamDisasters, you and I had better watch our step! ;)
  • I can handle it :lol: 

Bye!

• SargeSarge Frets: 2403
    I love a happy ending! 
  • I've left a few things on a train, from uni project work (got it back as its not valuable to anyone) to £80 worth of Hotel Chocolat...that disappeared!

To be fair, its probably quite easy to misplace something the size of a mini mars bar ;-)
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 992
    Lovely tale, good to hear he's regained his treasure.

But what of the tea leaf?  There's a bit of the story missing...

I hope this isn't like credit card cloning (or photographer guitar sales), where the plod have all the evidence but don't act.  Had one a while ago, where the cloner booked a hotel room; the boys in blue didn't even check whether he turned up!

• VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    HAL9000 said:
    axisus said:

Not quite the same, but unloaded the car one evening and took everything indoors. Next morning I realised I was a guitar short. Thankfully it was still on my driveway (which considering that I live in Crawley is nothing short of miraculous).

Anyway, hope the OP's turns up.
    I joined a band last year and each member has a metal box with gear/cables/lights etc and I was given mine - got home from first gig, emptied the car (always no matter how tired!) and then took all my gear in. Went outside the next morning to find the metal box on my front doorstep....had taken all my usual gear in but forgot the box as it wasn't part of my standard process :)

Glad to hear the guitar is back though