Ah bollocks

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 457
    Definitely feeling your pain, I inflicted this on my brand new Taylor 415 Jumbo on its first day, the guitar was in it's case but open on my bed, my landline rings I go to answer call, throws brass shubb capo that was in my hand onto bed ricochets off wall and lands on top of the beautiful previously untouched finish. It took me a while to get over that ding trauma.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72408
    Last night I accidentally threw a mains lead at my friend's Hamer Sunburst... I don't *think* I dinged it, but I'm not 100% sure - there were a couple of small marks in the rough area it landed, which may or may not have been there before. Luckily it isn't exactly pristine anyway.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    Ow - that's such a shame, & really feel for you.   :/  
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • artiebearartiebear Frets: 810
    edited June 2019
    My 30 odd year old D28 has dings, scratches, a new bridge plate, a refret, a few new  saddles and nuts, damage to the finish round the sound hole from  a Mimesis ( now Fishman Rare Earth ) pick up, and some dark spots inside the sound hole, which are actually my blood stains from when I bust a finger open during a gig about 25 years ago. It's also paid for itself a number of times over and has earned it's place on the would never part with list

Every mark on it makes it more yours.

Looks a lovely guitar, play the hell out of it and enjoy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3876
    Don't worry about it, mate. Guitars aren't pristine museum pieces. They're tools that get better when manhandled, played and rocked. It just gives it character IMO
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I had the same thing happen on a Taylor once when the lid fell and dinged it.   Gutting. 

But it I think there’s a fair chance you could fix or at least reduce the dings - steam it out and/or drop fill the dents. 
  • jacksparrowjacksparrow Frets: 673
    Careful with that axe Eugene.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    TimmyO said:
     Well that only took a week...

You’ll need a few more dings before you really get over it. I gotta say it looks a bit pants, so I suggest you play the socks off it, and never worry about putting it back in it’s case. 
  • jackorionjackorion Frets: 27
    I worked in a shop once and I sold someone an expensive (£3000) Taylor - he was happy as pie when he left but he came back an hour and a half later with a face like thunder - I was worried there was going to be a fault or something but he’d got home, lifted the guitar out of its case, turned round and smacked it on the corner of a stone table top and put a hole in the side of the guitar!!

so it could be worse...
    3reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom