The Cult - Sonic Temple 30

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• A bit far back from the stage but here’s Johnny Marr making a guest appearance... https://youtu.be/zNH3a8lJnVc

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13959
    Never been a huge fan of Sonic Temple, really like Love and some of Electric. I saw them on the Love tour at Norwich UEA and around 1994/5 on the The Cult album tour at Cambridge Corn Exchange. OK but not brilliant gigs.

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2442
    That Billy Duffy is a miserable sod, eh. ;)
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13959

The live version of "83rd Dream" from the Lyceum in 1983 is great, it storms along when it get's going and is one of my very favourite live tracks

• I saw them at Rock City, it was epic! They are playing stuff from all albums not just Sonic Temple. Even stuff from Dreamtime! I think Ian Astbury has shares in a tambourine factory judging by how many were chucked in to the crowd.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6921
    I saw them in Birmingham and had a great time. Ian can still sing well and Billy was on form. They had a few hits they didn't play (Lil Devil, Born to be wild, etc) but plaid a wide range of their back catalogue. Support was poor though, a sort or rap fleetwood mac band with a guitarist that posed and played his guitar so high it was just under his chin. The first support band "Last Internationale" were much better but I only saw three of their songs.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Just saw them in London - great gig, although Ian's a bit of a prick it must be said...!

Sound was fantastic as well. Very tightly packed, think it must have been sold out.
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1818
    Why does Johnny fucking Marr turn up on everything.......

Missus watched a Hans Zimmer thing last night and I got rather excited to see Guthrie there - then Marr turns up.

Saw this thread about one of my favourite bands of the 80's and who's name turns yes Johnny fucking Marr.

Slight OT Rant over..

Apologies
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7165
    Saw them last night in Brizzle. Was a decent gig, Asbury is still a huge "......", but to be expected.

Duffy was on point and his tone was great.

Sold out gig, small venue and decent sound. 
    Yeah, Ian Astbury really is a cockwomble. I was confused at the London gig, he kept moaning at the crowd for not making noise, and how shit we were being.... but on their social media it's all "LONDON WAS EPIC BEYOND WORDS". From where I was, the crowd loved it.

And yeah, Duffy's tone was awesome; is he still using Friedman amps?
  • markr76markr76 Frets: 360
    I saw them a few years ago at the o2 in Birmingham, with the mission and killing joke supporting. Although on the night killing joke didn’t play.
    Duffy was using Friedman, matchless and a Roland jc120 that night. He had a great tone then.
     I would have thought his rig is similar now.