Gibson Les Paul Juniors 2019

What's Hot
TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10278
Hi all. I’ve got one of these on order. Anyone grabbed one? They’re meant to be excellent examples so I’m excited to get it and plug it in!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JD50JD50 Frets: 660
    I'm hoping to play one this weekend and compare it to the one I bought.
    I picked up one of the Les Paul Special propriety runs that DV247 were knocking out cheap a few months ago... now we know why.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7802
    Real nice
  • DeeTeeDeeTee Frets: 764
    I played one of the DC ones recently. Sounded massive, neck was lovely (chunky, but not huge), very nearly took it home. Only reason I didn't is that I was looking for something that would be my number one at the time and needed a neck pickup.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10278
    I never use the neck pickup so I thought, why not try one? They’re meant to be good. Do you know if they are single piece or two piece body?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5452
    Anyone know what the average weight is on these?
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    I've always liked these. A good honest guitar. 
    Whitecat said:
    Anyone know what the average weight is on these?
    I read somewhere 7lbs. I’ve got a Custom Shop Tele that weighs 6.7lbs and it’s almost too light!
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    I really fancy one, but I've seen some QC issue complaints on the MLP forum.

I'd love to try one and be blown away.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    bodhi said:
    I really fancy one, but I've seen some QC issue complaints on the MLP forum.

I'd love to try one and be blown away.
    I’ve just read that whole thread. 2 posters said they have an issue with the lacquer and with the frets. The rest said they love their ones, I wouldn’t focus on two disgruntled customers when there’s 8 pages of stoked ones.

I’ve had custom shop Fenders I’ve sent back. I had a Select Tele with the worse nitro discolouration. It happens. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    Sure, I've been in the game long enough to appreciate that.  But, I want to see the whole new level of quality Gibson has promised, and so far I'm not entirely convinced.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10896
    I never use the neck pickup so I thought, why not try one? They’re meant to be good. Do you know if they are single piece or two piece body?
    Pretty sure they're two. You'll struggle to hear the glue though
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • markjmarkj Frets: 914
    Just bought a Les Paul Special TV yellow from Peach guitars yesterday, looking forward to it arriving.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3641
    markj said:
    Just bought a Les Paul Special TV yellow from Peach guitars yesterday, looking forward to it arriving.
    Those look fantastic.

I wish they did a DC in TV but I only see those ugly Tribute DC's.  :/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    roberty said:
    Pretty sure they're two. You'll struggle to hear the glue though
    absolutely. Just curious. 
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3409
    I have a 2019 dc jr. Its great in a basic but good way. Really snarly p90.

The 'pucker' junior looks even better.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13960
    I have a 2019 SG Jr and its pretty good. It's a 2 piece body but well matched. The finish is good, the frets are good, wiring, pots and pickup all good.

2 issues to note:
    • The bridge leans on the stock posts so I fitted Tonepros locking posts to fix that. 
    • The tuners, one clicked when I loosen tension it sounded and feels like the worm gear is slipping. In general they don't feel great. I changed them and all is good now.

• NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3409
    edited July 2019
    I have a 2019 SG Jr and its pretty good. It's a 2 piece body but well matched. The finish is good, the frets are good, wiring, pots and pickup all good.

2 issues to note:
    • The bridge leans on the stock posts so I fitted Tonepros locking posts to fix that. 
    • The tuners, one clicked when I loosen tension it sounded and feels like the worm gear is slipping. In general they don't feel great. I changed them and all is good now.
    Which tuners did you change them for? One of the tuners on my jr feels like it's slipping a little. Not much, but just every now and then, so have been considering upgrades.

Grover G133's look about right..
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13960
    edited July 2019
    NelsonP said:

2 issues to note:
    Which tuners did you change them for? One of the tuners on my jr feels like it's slipping a little. Not much, but just every now and then, so have been considering upgrades.

Grover G133's look about right..
    I fitted a set of Gibson vintage nickel PMMH-010, they are like what's fitted on the regular factory SGs/LPs with the bigger buttons, they look like the same tuner just with different buttons but these are more better feeling and smoother to operate.

https://www.dv247.com/en_GB/GBP/Gibson-PMMH-010-/art-GIT0009679-000

• musteatbrainmusteatbrain Frets: 877
    @NelsonP ;I’m about to flog the tonepro deluxe tuners I’ve taken off my Feline.

they don’t make them anymore, but if you were going for non-locking tulip head tuners for a Gibson, you’ll struggle to get much better quality 

I only took them off because I wanted locking
    I know this can be an issue with all guitars, and my Post Modern Custom Shop Tele had loose tuners, but it does strike me as crazy that we always have to replace the tuners on guitars, especially ones that are £1000+.