Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    that's Kylie Power for you...

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    That’s cool!

However with a sample of one shop, and 16% sales growth over a weekend likely being within standard deviation, it’s a bit Daily Mail for me.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Never before have so many guitars been stored under so many beds by so many people.
    It's like after Wimbledon when tennis racket sales skyrocket only for them to end up in the backs of wardrobes.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    BBBlues said:
    That’s cool!

However with a sample of one shop, and 16% sales growth over a weekend likely being within standard deviation, it’s a bit Daily Mail for me.
    I wonder how many guitars GG typically sell in a weekend to see how many extra guitars 16% actually is.

How do they know the ages of people visiting their website?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14244
    tFB Trader
    BBBlues said:
    That’s cool!

exactly 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rossirossi Frets: 1703
    Sassafras said:
    Never before have so many guitars been stored under so many beds by so many people.
    It's like after Wimbledon when tennis racket sales skyrocket only for them to end up in the backs of wardrobes.
    Went to our recycling centre and there was  a pile of raquets dumped.Keep looking for guitars .......
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    edited July 2019
    I think 29/25 would give you 16% sales growth. So potentially 4 more than avg?

Would they sell 25 on avg? Seems a lot. Maybe including all guitarguitar stores and online? But that’s the smallest fraction to satisfy the stat.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    57Deluxe said:

I thought her set was surprisingly guitar heavy actually, great stuff.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    I thought her set was really poor, and I’m quite a fan. Chris Martin thrashing away badly on CGYOOMH was probably the low point.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    ICBM said:
    I thought her set was really poor, and I’m quite a fan. Chris Martin thrashing away badly on CGYOOMH was probably the low point.
    What... like Boss Katana poor...?
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    ICBM said:
    The only thing worse than someone strumming an acoustic guitar with stickers on it is Chris Martin
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    BBBlues said:
    That’s cool!

Fair point. But 20% increase in website hits amongst 18-24s not to be sniffed at, although there could be other reasons behind that too.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7419
    57Deluxe said:

Probably helped autotune plugin sales too 
    Red ones are better. 
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2636
    I didn't see this, but is he playing disastrously badly, like a bad dream car crash performance that will haunt him for the rest of his life? Because that's the facial expression of a terrified, humiliated man (and he seems to be blushing very heavily, too). 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    Chris Martin for all his Mega£$ still doesn't seem to own a pair of proper trousers...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I didn't see this, but is he playing disastrously badly, like a bad dream car crash performance that will haunt him for the rest of his life? Because that's the facial expression of a terrified, humiliated man (and he seems to be blushing very heavily, too). 
    Chris Martin just looks like that I think.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    Maybe not quite that bad, but it was pretty ropey and sounded rubbish. I certainly can't see that it would have helped guitar sales.

Kylie is much better with the full campy stage show she normally has. Trying to do a more stripped-down rocked-up one just fell flat.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Johnny Marr on the other hand was brilliant with the Killers, bloke's turning into Keef throwing all the shapes :)
  • I was on of those that googled his Shecter guitat after the set. Looks cool but won’t be buying one! 
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6905
    clarkefan said:
    Johnny Marr on the other hand was brilliant with the Killers, bloke's turning into Keef throwing all the shapes :)
    Except you can’t polish a turd! For me The Killers lack any sort of edge whatsoever and the front man gets dangerously close to being a cabaret performer. Shite! YMMV.

Marr though is very cool.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom