Glastonbury driving guitar sales

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3401
    Tame impala got me looking seriously at mascis jazzmasters. If it's good enough for them....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7111
    Iamnobody said:
    clarkefan said:
    Johnny Marr on the other hand was brilliant with the Killers, bloke's turning into Keef throwing all the shapes :)
    Except you can’t polish a turd! For me The Killers lack any sort of edge whatsoever and the front man gets dangerously close to being a cabaret performer. Shite! YMMV.

Marr though is very cool.
    With you on this, even with popular bands I don't listen to or am not 'into' myself I can normally get it, understand the appeal. But with The Killers I dunno. I worked one of their gigs and it was a very elaborate set that they had but, the music? jeez
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I like the first two Killers albums, then they go off the boil big time for me. 
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4191
    The only time I’ve seen anyone really good was when the Stones  were on  
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1953
    edited July 2019
    What's C.F. Martin & Co's QC like? 
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2250
    The only time I’ve seen anyone really good was when the Stones  were on  
    IMHO they were poor due to monitoring issues. The Hyde Park revisit gig was good first ones great too.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72500
    Schnozz said:
    Pretty good generally. Like all mass-producers they will occasionally let something minor slip through though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31632
    Glastonbury driving guitars sales, as in, there's fuck all worth watching, might as well go down the guitar shop instead?
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1953
    ICBM said:
    Schnozz said:
    Pretty good generally. Like all mass-producers they will occasionally let something minor slip through though.
    Yeah you rarely hear bad things about them considering. Not many argue about high prices on acoustics either.
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    BBBlues said:
    I think 29/25 would give you 16% sales growth. So potentially 4 more than avg?

Would they sell 25 on avg? Seems a lot. Maybe including all guitarguitar stores and online? But that’s the smallest fraction to satisfy the stat.
    In 2018 GuitarGuitar sold an average of £83,676 every single day of the year (based on their accounts showing a £30,541,829 annual turnover)

How many guitars are included in that figure I have no idea, but still, that’s an impressive amount of music related gear.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11805
    The new Ed Sheeran and Bruno Mars song might help drive guitar sales, have to admit to rather liking it...

it's just... fun...

You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    I might be mistaken but I think I'm possibly noticing a bit of a trend of guitars returning to pop music more and more; real instruments in general.

I think Bruno or someone similar started a set on a drum kit. Also like how the very popular Billie Eilish has her brother in the background playing the bass guitar.

It's not rock or guitar-based music but it's good to see it being used in performances so as not to be forgotten about by the youth.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11805
    Bruno Mars sees himself as a cross between Lenny Kravitz and Prince I think, which won't hurt his perception of guitars.  I'm not a huge fan but he clearly has been involved with some decent choons.

Bastille, again who I'm not a huge fan of, have released a strong lead song off their new album, the 1975 are intermittently very "guitary".

Guitar might be sneaking back into pop.

Let's not forget, Muse and Coldplay remain globally massive.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    I do wonder if we have a skewed view of this in the U.K. Whenever you see gig dvds from the likes of Iron Maiden or the Rolling Stones in South America and the like it seems guitar music is still king in these areas.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5434
    edited July 2019
    Seem to be lots of smaller up-and-comers that are pretty guitar-centric now compared to a few years ago when every single band in the UK was two blokes on synths and a female vocalist. To give a specific example Sam Fender just sold out several nights at Brixton Academy and he’s both popular with the young people and super guitar-front-and-centre... that kind of stuff has an impact.