New acoustic odyssey

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• monkaiboymonkaiboy Frets: 27
    @thomasross20 nice what have you ordered?

What will I do ? An excellent question. Not going to rush into things. I think I need to figure out how much I care about nut width, which may mean another excursion at some point.

Aside from that, I just need to wait for some second hand Collings to show up :) Ideally an 01 with a 1 3/4 nut (just missed on on ebay, dang). Although if a D1 with a 1 3/4 nut show up that may be tempting too...

In the meantime I'm going to get my Jumbo set up and enjoy playing that for now...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    Secret until I get it :D
    Good on you for trying the lot out! :) :) 
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
     monkaiboy said:
    ...just missed on on ebay.....
    ......<cough, cough>  "NGD" ....
    you???
    monkaiboy said:
    you???
    Indeed. I bought it a week ago.  01 sunburst with 1.75 nut. It’s pristine although I’m not entirely sure it’s for me.
    Ah, how is it? Be very interested to know your impressions
    It sounds.....like a Collings. It really is just like a smaller, quieter version of their other guitars, with that balanced Collings tone. It has a tiny hint of boxiness to it but far less than any other 0 size I've played. It's a finger picker's dream....but I play with a pick :( ....and I think I might be more of a Martin person. Honestly not sure whether to stick or twist with it. It is also the only guitar I've ever owned that I have considered keeping just for the way it looks :)
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    Just out of interest @monkaiboy did you try one of these?

https://www.coda-music.com/atkin-essential-0.html

If so, what were your thoughts?
    @jellyroll interesting. Yeah O1-T I played was lovely. I found it better for strumming than the OM1, but yeah, fingerpicking is the thing for sure.

If you do decide it's not for you, please let me know....

@
    Jimbro66 sadly not - the 01 was not really on my radar until after I played the 01-T at GuitarGuitar the following day. I played a couple of Atkin dreaks which were lovely to strum, but way too scooped for my. I'd like to give that one a go - they are beautiful looking guitars - he has the style right down.