Fender - Mexican v American Strats?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72846
    Jetsam1 said:
    I have just been going through everything deciding what to keep and what to sell and I have been doing precisely this!
     One Mex Standard Strat with maple fingerboard and one US Standard Strat with rosewood fingerboard and Malmsteen signature pickups.

I actually end up preferring the Mexican, the US sounds better but not by all that much apart from the bridge pickup but I don`t use that much so meh. The difference is in the neck, the Mexican is wider and deeper which I much prefer to the US which is the modern C profile? THe Mexican is more "Stratty" in my opinion, with a more traditional spec. It just feels more fun to play and there isn`t nearly as much in it as I thought myself until I sat down and played them back to back.

Well, I`m surprised. I think I will be keeping the Mexican standard.......
    Swap the pickups and then sell the US with the Mexican pickups - obviously properly disclosed - since a lot of people want to put their own choice of pickups in anyway.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom