Lots of new Squiers...even Starcasters!

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• What on earth happened to those Starcasters?! They just look, well, wrong.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • simonhpiemansimonhpieman Frets: 683
    ICBM said:
    Jeremiah said:
    I really want to like Starcasters, but the headstock is one of the ugliest things ever to have existed in the guitar world.
    The infamous 'carpet slipper'. I think it looks marginally less bad without the painted black 'sole', but it's hard to tell...
    Heathens the pair of you! The headstock's the best bit!  =)

Of all of them, as someone who already has a vintage Starcaster, I like the blue one best as I love the colour but there's so much wrong with it (black binding, EMG pups, dark chrome hardware) that it'd cost me a fortune to get it how I want. They're also all a bit too expensive to just take a shot on as is.

I think I've figured out my guitar problem: I used to self-proclaim myself an offset guy so had 5 at one point. Now I've got a Starcaster and see these come up I'm like "Yeah, I'm a Starcaster guy, that means I have to buy one of these!" even though I've already got one...

I believe it to literally be some kind of mental illness.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72366
    simonhpieman said:

Heathens the pair of you! The headstock's the best bit!  =)
    I wouldn't mind it so much if it wasn't quite so huge - it really is the 1970s flared collar of headstocks, even if it didn't also look like a slipper :).

I'm baffled as to why they did it too - at the time they had standardised all the other models (except most Telecasters) to the normal CBS shape.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• 5redlights5redlights Frets: 317
    edited July 2019
    There's another limited edition bullet tele with an alder body in a tinted natural finish too that looks tasty. 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18779
    I have decided that I'm grateful for the Starcaster reissues.
    Their headstock makes even the Vox Phantom look good, the body shape has got me fancying a Schecter UltraCure and the price makes the Classic Vibe's look even better value  :)
  • 5redlights5redlights Frets: 317
    Dawsons have their delivery date for these as November 2019. Think they've all been a bit over-eager putting these up for order when their going to be ready in November! What are they doing, building them to order?!
  • Affinity starcaster looks ace! 42mm nut, tall narrow frets, 12" radius and humbuggies (that I'd probably replace with p90s in humbuggy size).

Yummy in CAR. Would be great fun for more modern styles with that nice flat neck. 
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3553
    I like the Affinity Starcaster in Candy Red!
    Yeah, I too think that looks great: )

Do you reckon with it being an Affinity it would only have a 40mm nut?

That scratches my Leo Nocentelli itc.
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4168
    It would be cool if they did the contemporary with the body mounted pickups and no scratchplate like an 80s one .  I have a catalogue page with one in red with a regular style trem , it was a Squier II contemporary about 1988. Imsuper happy with my white HH 2018 though