4CM - cable tidying solutions

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DannyPDannyP Frets: 1681
    I've already got all the cables I need, just want to bundle them up.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3046
    DannyP said:
    I've already got all the cables I need, just want to bundle them up.
    Can you solder? If so, remove the jacks from one end and feed the cables into the braid, add heatshrink to each end, and re-attach the jacks.

R.
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1960
    exocet said:
    Maynehead said:
    Question about the braided sleeving, how do you get 4 x 3m of thick rubber cables with jacks on them through the sleeving?
    Typically, you put the plugs on *after* pushing the cable through the sleeving.

R.
    Braided sleaving is very "expandable" - typically it expands to 2.5x its smallest diameter. Once the cables are threaded through, you pull it tight then apply the heat shrink to keep in place and then solder on the Jack's. See the picture above of one that I assembled.

Out of interest, which size braid did you use for three cables?

R.
    5 Meters, 15mm BRAIDED SLEEVING - EXPANDABLE BLACK BRAIDED FLEXIBLE CABLE SLEEVING - POLYESTER https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LBETR12/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_GkXmDbJ5V1Q5Y
  • gearaddictgearaddict Frets: 895
    I use electrical tape. 50 rolls assorted colours from B&M for a quid ;)
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1681
    edited July 2019
    I've decided to give the neoprene a go. It's dead cheap after all. It's a bit baggy, so not as neat as I'd hoped, but I'll see if I can live with it. Coils up fine.

Colour-coding system for the leads care of loom bands harvested from under the sofa. 

• vizviz Frets: 10700
    I cable tie at one end and cable tie at the other; the rest of it seems to stay pretty neat. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.