New Kemper Profiler pedal leaked at music festival

What's Hot

Comments

• FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    simonk said:
    My first though was wow that looks awesome and I'm tempted.  But now I'm just thinking,  

Where's the expression pedal?
    The Kemper Remote doesn’t have an expression pedal either... you’ve always had to supply your own.
    A sensible decision IMO.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4108
    I think if I was going to go to the process of getting rid of my pedal board and pedals and cables for a floor unit like this I wouldn't want to have to still carry around a wah and cables and power supply. What a pfaff.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2019
    I think if I was going to go to the process of getting rid of my pedal board and pedals and cables for a floor unit like this I wouldn't want to have to still carry around a wah and cables and power supply. What a pfaff.
    You don't need a power supply. I would prefer to choose my own expression pedals as I have my favourites, and I can easily replace them if I want something different. I have a FX8 which comes without a built-in expression pedal, and I have never thought that it needed one (or two!)
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2085
    I don’t believe this has amp on board...

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • It doesn't have an amp built in. But maybe they've got some powered cabs upcoming and that's why?

Bye!

It doesn't have an amp built in. But maybe they've got some powered cabs upcoming and that's why?
    It could also be an internal space issue?
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4108
    i think the clue is in the name "Profiler" that they could've profiled some wah's and included an expression pedal- fully tweakable of course with the digital modelling features.  Maybe there's a kemper one in the pipeline.  
  • simonk said:
    Looks absolutely awesome - much classier than the competition, IMO.
    Hmm, really? It looks like a Kia dashboard to me... buttons everywhere. The footswitches also look very close together and the rest of the buttons look like they could easily be knocked by a misplaced foot.

FWIW though, I still want one and would probably have gone for one if they’d been available when I bought my toaster way back in the early days. 
    Purely from an aesthetic point of view I think it looks classy and yes, better looking than the competition, IMO. From a UI point of view, convoluted and confusing. From a durability point of view, fragile.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7294
    Looks pretty ace but I dont think the kemper is as natural a fit in this form factor as the helix. Its kinda like I see the kemper as more naturally an amp replacement but the helix more naturally as a pedal board replacement (prob cos i use mine with an amp).
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1007
    edited July 2019
    Seems a bit strange to me that people are saying it looks fragile having not seen one in the flesh. I don’t see what looks fragile about it?! 

My bigger concern is the UI (as a long time helix user). That screen looks pretty poor and dated in this day and age. 

All that said, I think it’s looks like it could be a really great product and i’ll be keen to try one out. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33803
    Seems a bit strange to me that people are saying it looks fragile having not seen one in the flesh. I don’t see what looks fragile about it?! 

It is because we know the switches are a bit on the fragile side and can cause catastrophic failure with the rack/toaster version.
    Also floor based units have harder life because you stomp on them with your feet.

I was just surprised to see the same switches on the floor unit as with the rack/toaster.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11459
    £1449 at Andertons
  • Peach have it for order.

hmmmm

on second thought that looks really busy, the looper and tuner buttons look like they will cause those little white buttons to get all sort of abuse and unless there is some sort of performance mode with reaaaally big writing for which patch has been selected or effect engaged then Im starting to wonder if this isn't going to be pain in the ass.

Just take all the white dots off for a start
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • abw1989abw1989 Frets: 639
    Forgive me, I'm a bit old school in terms of this profiling lark don't fully understand it. It seems for the Kempers there are powered and un-powered versions, the powered of which you can connect to a 'normal' guitar cab and off you go, i think..?

Is the new floor unit  powered or un-powered? It doesn't mention being powered on the Kemper website but it does say:

"The PROFILER Stage™ features dedicated Stereo Monitor Outputs for driving two either full range or standard guitar cabinets simultaneously and independently from the direct stereo feed."

Does that mean it can run with a normal cab?

Also, my current pedal board has around 10 pedals on it, do I assign a 'pedal' to each of the footswitches on the Profiler using the onboard FX. Helpfully, the online FAQs have nothing on this topic.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33803
    edited July 2019
    abw1989 said:
    Forgive me, I'm a bit old school in terms of this profiling lark don't fully understand it. It seems for the Kempers there are powered and un-powered versions, the powered of which you can connect to a 'normal' guitar cab and off you go, i think..?

Is the new floor unit  powered or un-powered? It doesn't mention being powered on the Kemper website but it does say:

"The PROFILER Stage™ features dedicated Stereo Monitor Outputs for driving two either full range or standard guitar cabinets simultaneously and independently from the direct stereo feed."

Does that mean it can run with a normal cab?

It is unpowered.
    You will need a power amp.
    What they are saying here is you can either use it with a regular guitar cab (defeating the cab emulation) or an FRFR cab using a cab emulation.
    It doesn't mean that it is powering the cab with an inbuilt power amp, it doesn't have one.

abw1989 said:

Also, my current pedal board has around 10 pedals on it, do I assign a 'pedal' to each of the footswitches on the Profiler using the onboard FX. Helpfully, the online FAQs have nothing on this topic.
    You'll have to wait for someone to have one before we can answer this I think.
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    I think the price is realistic.

I'm not sure about: Screen, buttons, lack of expression pedal.

However, it might sound amazing!

I'm hoping it brings about a Helix Floor sale so I can buy one (again!)
  • abw1989abw1989 Frets: 639
    @octatonic thank you!
  • gibsongretschfangibsongretschfan Frets: 1050
    edited July 2019
    I think the price is realistic.

I'm not sure about: Screen, buttons, lack of expression pedal.

However, it might sound amazing!

I'm hoping it brings about a Helix Floor sale so I can buy one (again!)
    Yeah like I said above- now I've got over my initial drooling I know that screen is going to be a problem...

how do I know this?

because I basically bought Helix for the scribble strips! 

Never even vent intended to use the modelling.... I just wanted those damn lights

Edit- to have my Cornford and Super in a pedal though..... hmmmmmmm
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    At first glance I thought I’d go for this. But having discovered it’s unpowered and looking at that busy button layout with fragile little white buttons, I think not. 

Really enjoying the tones from
    my HX stomp and if the full size helix comes down in price as a result of this I think that’s where my money would go.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2902
    Looks cool but still out of my price range unfortunately, so Line 6 will still be getting my money.