Psa; £1 fees weekend on fleabay

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    when the offer is on it is a good time to buy. Sellers may be willing to accept lower offers if they are paying less fees etc..Some sellers will reduce prices with the fees in mind.. refine search to  newly listed   buy it now.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yamaha77Yamaha77 Frets: 77
    Whitecat said:
    Yamaha77 said:
    eBay have put mine up to £2 fvf I'm not going for that lining their of their pockets
    £2 to sell something worth hundreds of pounds is an absolute bargain in my eyes. The platform has its issues but where else can you sell to such a large population for £2?
    Methinks he was being facetious...
    Me? never :3 lol
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    MLten80 said:
    Still not sold shit 

Even offered free postage last weekend 

Meh
    How do you package a shit?
  • Yamaha77Yamaha77 Frets: 77
    In a Post Brexfast Britain, Guitars are gathering inches of dust. Gone are the likes of Gibson and Fender from our high streets and people have gone to the lengths of adding vital bodily organs on eBay guitar listings in a desperate attempt to raise cash to fund further G.A.S
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Been doing alright on eBay recently too with £1 fvf and optimistic bin price with offers. This method also gives you the chance to reject offers from buyers with shit profiles
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ignore the £2 selling fee, wait for the £1 to come back, they seem to try the £2 offer every now and again. In my opinion the more people use the £2 offer the more frequent it will get until it is the new norm.
  • MLten80 said:
    Still not sold shit 

Even offered free postage last weekend 

Meh
    How do you package a shit?
    Upgrade the pickups and roll it in glitter
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • steveledzepsteveledzep Frets: 1174
    roberty said:
    Been doing alright on eBay recently too with £1 fvf and optimistic bin price with offers. This method also gives you the chance to reject offers from buyers with shit profiles
    Agreed, working for me too.
    Ignore the £2 selling fee, wait for the £1 to come back, they seem to try the £2 offer every now and again. In my opinion the more people use the £2 offer the more frequent it will get until it is the new norm.
    Never seen the £2 selling fee, only ever seen the £1 offer.
  • MLten80MLten80 Frets: 162
    edited August 2019
    £1 fees weekend again, get on it lads

Actually managed to sell a neck this week yay
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    It's not the fees that put me off eBay. It's the risk of fuckwits returning items because they changed their mind or got bored of it.
  • MLten80MLten80 Frets: 162
    edited August 2019
    Theres an option to tick "no returns" 
      I always put the classic 'sold as seen' / 'spares or repars' to cover my ass

Unless you sold something totally iffy lol
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5426
    MLten80 said:
    Theres an option to tick "no returns" 
      I always put the classic 'sold as seen' / 'spares or repars' to cover my ass

Unless you sold something totally iffy lol
    The “No returns” tickbox might as well say “Tick this box to rehome a distressed unicorn”. 

The only way you can absolutely prevent returns if if you sell for cash - if you accept PayPal, then even if eBay declines to facilitate a return, PayPal almost certainly will allow it and eBay will just claim they can’t do anything about that. So proceed with the usual cautions...
  • bgmartinsbridgebgmartinsbridge Frets: 2863
    edited August 2019
    I've never had a guitar returned unwanted or for any other reason on ebay.

Maybe just lucky. 

I do tend to email people to make sure they're decent people and if the buyer has good feedback then that's good.

I'd be very nervous of shipping a guitar to someone with low feedback. 

I sold some bass pickups once and the guy wanted to send them back as he thought they were guitar pickups (4 poles and the title gave it away). The guy tried but they never got returned. 

Do people really have stories of guitars being sold, tried and returned cause someone didn't like how they played?
    Or does the buy make up an issue to return it? 
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5426
    I haven’t had a guitar returned - I had an amp returned once, buyer said it didn’t work even after he had checked the tubes. Of course the first thing I did was check the tubes, and lo, one had gone bad between me putting it up for sale and shipping it. Sigh. Relisted it and sold it again a week later... would have been happy to reimburse for the faulty tube rather than have to faff about with all those extra couriers though!

My wife had a horror show with a designer dress and an overseas buyer though. Protracted dispute, eBay ruled in my wife’s favour but PayPal forced her to accept a return in the end. Pretty sure it was bought to wear once... thankfully it came back clean...
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Nearest I’ve had to a problem was a chap wanting to return a pedal and he wanted the refund before sending it.    I didn’t do that and he didn’t return.     Ebay were really helpful over the phone. 
    The only online sales I’ve been ripped off were both on MusicRadar before TFB started and both regular users so I’m actually happier selling on eBay but every sale has a risk factor involved.