Anyone live close to a Solar Farm?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    Quite fancy a Solar Chicken...

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/walkie-talkie-skyscraper-to-be-fitted-with-permanent-sunshade-after-it-melted-cars-9379037.html

A 500-foot concave mirror on a south-facing building... what could possibly go wrong? Duh!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PFAllen2PFAllen2 Frets: 244
    Rocker said:
    Thanks guys for your input.  All responses much appreciated.  The main fear in the community is of the possibility of noise from the transmission sub-station and a lot of concern about the prospect of the 110Kv line to be installed.

Someone asked about setback distance - usually 250 metres, one house about 50 metres.

To date there are no Solar Farms in operation in the Republic of Ireland.  A quick Google tells me that there are two Solar Farms in Northern Ireland.  It may help allay fears in the locality if a delegation were to visit one of those Solar Farms in Northern Ireland.

There is no question of NIMBYism in this case.  We are all in favour of reducing our carbon emissions but if doing so creates different problems, we want to know about it.  The experiences of those members who live close to Solar Farms is entirely positive, this will be relayed to the people who will be directly affected by the Solar Farm. 
    Is one of the solar farms in Northern Ireland at Lisburn? I live about 2 miles away and could shoot some photos for you. There has been very little mention of it in the local press, but it doesn't really border on housing.
    Click here for my Trading Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom