13»

Comments

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    edited August 2019
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22930
    edited August 2019
    carlos said:
    DLM said:
    Also, Rick Graham. Until he went to the gym and got bigger than Petrucci.

(which, in itself, is probably a lesson to us all)

And then yo-yoed back. To be honest, I'm quite worried about the guy. Not that I know him, but I've followed his playing for years. A true virtuoso's virtuoso.
    He's amazing. As for his yo-yo, it's not atypical when someone goes from one extreme to the other. It's very, very hard to keep at the level of mass and body fat % he was at, it really requires dedication to the point of obsession. And when things go wrong, they have a tendency to really go wrong for people with this type of personality. A sort of all-or-nothing mentality: if I can't be ripped like a Greek god then I might as well let myself go completely. I hope he turns it around.

I'd never heard of him until this thread, but I looked him up yesterday.  I saw the before/after pictures on Google, then looked at his YouTube channel.  Seeing the most recent videos I thought it must be a completely different guy with the same name.  I had to scroll right down to see he'd made clips about his bodybuilding/fitness phase. 

Not only has he gained weight (and the big beard), his voice and his whole demeanour seem different.  Has he had health problems?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    @Philly_Q Yes. Mental health and addiction. Detailed in the link in my last post. ^^
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3451
    Philly_Q said:

I'd never heard of him until this thread, but I looked him up yesterday.  I saw the before/after pictures on Google, then looked at his YouTube channel.  Seeing the most recent videos I thought it must be a completely different guy with the same name.  I had to scroll right down to see he'd made clips about his bodybuilding/fitness phase. 

Not only has he gained weight (and the big beard), his voice and his whole demeanour seem different.  Has he had health problems?

Yes, he's had as far as I know some sort of tendon issue in his hand/arm which have hampered his playing and maybe his lifting, too. I won't speculate more because I don't know him personally, but I've met other people who've gone from obese to ripped and then back to obese again and spotted some trends.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22930
    Sad story. :(