New Seymour Duncan 'Jimi' handwound PUP's

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6692
    Is the box Brazilian rosewood?
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12666
    If you read the blurb on the Andertons website for the hand wound jobs and read the blurb for the standard Jimi set, the story is different!!!
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• A fool and his money.  You could buy a decent guitar for that money.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Do you get about 300 feet of curly cable thrown in?
    I believe that contributed a bit to Jimi's sound.
    It just goes to show marketing is more about choosing your target market than manufacturing costs.
    Limited Edition: limited to the number of people who buy them.
  • Revolting1Revolting1 Frets: 295
    Made for the 'few' not the 'many'.

Many thanks to Ash for his unicorn jizz insight.

However..........

To       the        'Few'

Relatively close to me there is a well established Rocking Horse 'works'. (est 30 yrs+)

A great many rocking horses have been 'born' and 'raised' there.

Thus I am able to provide genuine Rocking Horse Shit...........

Simply immerse your pickups in it for while to work the 'magic'............

Re-usable.....

Only a third of the price of the OPs 'e'steamed' Seymours.

Get it while its 'hot'...........

Limited Quantity Available..............
    When logic and proportion
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 471
    I know that we’ve all had a good laugh at this latest load of hype and I wonder if Andertons will actually sell any. I suppose that it won’t matter to them if they don’t as they’re not in stock, all they’ll do is order them from their supplier when somebody buys a set. However Most of us guitar players are prone to falling for snake oil hype, we like to believe that some “ special” ingredient will completely transform our playing, but these pickups seem a step too far. 
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    Jimi Hendrix is overrated anyway. 
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10433
    tFB Trader
    Jimi Hendrix is overrated anyway. 
    Being overrated is overrated ...
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
     Most of us guitar players are prone to falling for snake oil hype, we like to believe that some “ special” ingredient will completely transform our playing, 
    There is a "special" ingredient. It's called practice. Unfortunately it took me ten years to cotton on to this fact.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14430
    edited August 2019
    Let’s face it. Hendrix on any one of numerous Stratocasters sounded like Hendrix. Hendrix on Flying Vee sounded like Hendrix. Hendrix, backstage, having a go on one of Brian Jones’ guitars, flipped upside down, with the strings in the wrong order, almost certainly sounded like … Hendrix.

Are we seeing a pattern yet?

Never believe the hype.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    axisus said:
    I'd like to chase Seymour down with a camera crew and demand he justifies this cost ON FILM. 
    As mentioned in one of my earlier posts, control over SD Inc. has not been in the hands of the man himself for several years. This marketing campaign may not be his doing.

The original “Jimi used my pickups” story dates back to Seymour’s time at the Soho Soundhouse. Young Seymour probably repaired something belonging to Hendrix. He might have had the nous to take a few meter readings while he had the opportunity. The significance of all this *may* have been exaggerated ever so slightly.

axisus said:
    I went off him after he swapped his amazing wiring diagram website for the sh*te one he has now.
    Again, not the doing of the man himself. Blame the current management.

Five or six years ago, an outside contractor was hired to revamp the SD website wiring diagram section. Unfortunately, the few improvements that the process brought were vastly outweighed by the errors and omissions scattered randomly amongst the diagrams.

In short, nobody did the equivalent of proof reading. The user group forum is full of grumbles about this. Few of the errors have ever been corrected.
    Both fair points. 
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 471
    Kilgore said:
     Most of us guitar players are prone to falling for snake oil hype, we like to believe that some “ special” ingredient will completely transform our playing, 
    There is a "special" ingredient. It's called practice. Unfortunately it took me ten years to cotton on to this fact.
    Yes we both know that but there are those that think you can bypass all the hard work by spending money on snake oil.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3073
    Proper lol at "unicorn jizz" @OilCityPickups @guitarweazel .. Arftastic :)
    "A city star won’t shine too far"