Ash's top six of hidden gem pickups.

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Matt_McGMatt_McG Frets: 323
    Interesting discussion.

I've been considering getting, either:

1) A cheap Les Paul or SG with P90s -- one of the cheap Black Beauty clones (with P90s), or a LP Special (single or double-cut), and putting decent P90s and a staple pickup in the neck, or

2) A Gretsch "solidbody" i.e. a Jet or Double jet type, and putting a Dynasonic type in the neck.

So the above is fascinating.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10555
    tFB Trader
    Matt_McG said:
    Interesting discussion.

I've been considering getting, either:

1) A cheap Les Paul or SG with P90s -- one of the cheap Black Beauty clones (with P90s), or a LP Special (single or double-cut), and putting decent P90s and a staple pickup in the neck, or

2) A Gretsch "solidbody" i.e. a Jet or Double jet type, and putting a Dynasonic type in the neck.

So the above is fascinating.

A Gretsch 'solid body' on my shopping list too ... 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• Matt_McGMatt_McG Frets: 323

Or

except the cash isn't likely to arrive any time soon. The "cheap" (sub 600 quid) ones are pretty good, that I've tried, though, although it's been a while.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10555
    tFB Trader
    Matt_McG said:

Or

except the cash isn't likely to arrive any time soon. The "cheap" (sub 600 quid) ones are pretty good, that I've tried, though, although it's been a while.
    My personal guitar pot is still recovering from buying my birthday treat Gretsch 5420T but I do have to find a nice home for those 50s Dynasonics ... 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message