What is your rarest pedal?

What's Hot
RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11876
I saw this video last night and thought, what is your rarest pedal.  Ignoring the JHS element...and focus on the actual pedal.

Pictures gets e-cookie.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jonnygreentreesjonnygreentrees Frets: 671
    edited August 2019
    My Timmy clone, I made it myself so it's the only one in existence.

In terms of commercial pedals, my Bearfoot Uber Bee but that isn't that rare
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It was my sadly eBayed Danelectro Back Talk... I guess now it's either my Beetronix Royal Jelly or an ancient hand-painted Jam Pedals Boomster that I still love
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    Everything that's wrong with the pedal market, collectorism and Youtube gear videos in a nutshell.

My rarest pedal is a Boss DF-2 Super Distortion & Feedbacker. It's one of those really rare early ones before they changed the name to Super Feedbacker & Distortion after DiMarzio threatened to sue them... so it must be better, right?

Actually it can't be that rare because I have two of them.

WHO CARES?!!!

I thought it might be about something *actually* rare and interesting, like a pedal Roger Mayer hand built for Jimi Hendrix, or something...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11876
    ICBM said:
    Everything that's wrong with the pedal market, collectorism and Youtube gear videos in a nutshell.

My rarest pedal is a Boss DF-2 Super Distortion & Feedbacker. It's one of those really rare early ones before they changed the name to Super Feedbacker & Distortion after DiMarzio threatened to sue them... so it must be better, right?

Actually it can't be that rare because I have two of them.

WHO CARES?!!!

I thought it might be about something *actually* rare and interesting, like a pedal Roger Mayer hand built for Jimi Hendrix, or something...
    Cheer up ICBM....I thought it was a fun topic.

Mods please close if it upsets people that much....
    6reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 844
    I have three Bell Electrolab pedals which seem fairly rare although they do pop up and a Baja Tech Ghost Compressor which I've never seen another one of.
  • TateFXTateFX Frets: 114
    tFB Trader
    oh_pollo said:
    I have three Bell Electrolab pedals which seem fairly rare although they do pop up and a Baja Tech Ghost Compressor which I've never seen another one of.
    Are those the ones that snap together and have a power unit called mother? I had one of those as a kid blast from the past.
    Formerly Stu_Tate
    Tate FX
    www.TateFX.co.uk
    Instagram 
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    I think the rarest pedal I've owned is a Boss DSD-2 or a HF-2 but they're not really that rare these days. Currently it's probably the Danelectro Reel Echo on my board. So not really rare. I'm not a collector, I just want the right box of sounds for me. If that's from a stupidly rare pedal then I'll look for the cheapest alternative. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    RaymondLin said:

Cheer up ICBM....I thought it was a fun topic.
    It might have been if it had been about rare pedals instead of some modern mass-produced one that just happens to have a very slightly different graphic or something... maybe there was more, but I gave up at that point. It was a struggle to get that far.

Mods please close if it upsets people that much....
    No, don't close it. Maybe someone will post some interesting examples of *rare* pedals :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1374
    I have a small handful of one-off fuzzes and a wah. I guess those are rare.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12666
    I have the very first D*A*M Drag-n-fly (small box) hand built by David Maine. I actually asked him if he could make the Drag-n-fly with less pedalboard real estate to the original version "no problem" he said... and so he made the small box. Mine has a Captain Beefheart quote handwritten inside it by David, along with the serial number "1".

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7287
    weeping demon jr probably..... got it off @digitalscream ;
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    My Hudson 999 qualifies I guess as he only made 30 of them.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33797
    My Telenordia Germanium pedals.
    The company existed for a short time before they became Tortenmann.
    The Treble Booster is amazing with the right amp.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited August 2019
    I had a Landgraff Dynamic Overdrive at one point that sold for a lot of money. You don't see many of those around
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    An Alan Exley fuzz. It still has my daughter's blood on it from when she was 2 and cut herself on a magazine.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26994
    Other than home made stuff that’s literally one of a kind, I guess my Anarchy audio Gold Class booster.  I’ve literally never seen anyone else mention it online or seen one on anyone’s pedalboard. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1590
    I've got an early Marshall Bluesbreaker, an early RAT.  An Axis fuzz hand built and tuned by Roger Mayer for a friend of mine (so long term loan rather than mine). I've got one of Rogers 9090 wah boards that I boxed up in a Dunlop shell and got him to sign the baseplate when he did a talk on working with Jimi a couple of years ago.
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3990
    I've got a "Musicground Special Edition" Mr T T-Fuzz.

I assume "Musicground special edition" means "we harvested any decent components to make fake pedals with and replaced the innards with a dead rat".

Sounds good though.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5468
    My MonkeyFX Valvesporker. Properly rare as
    Sporky only made 30 odd (I think) of them and every one has a different finish/design.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Good topic.

I don't have any rare pedals and not sure I ever have.

This is about the rarest - Mr. Black Gilamondo, one of 4 re-released last month but he's discontinued it now. Best phaser I've ever tried. And yes, it even has a different finish to usual! haha.

Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom