What is your rarest pedal?

What's Hot

Comments

• I have 2 Boss FZ2s, a DD2 and a long chip DD3. Not sure how rare they are but they aren't cheap to get hold of. All are still going strong!
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    Rocker said:

Yes I have a Pignose for learning bits on the guitar.
    Ah, I thought you had a HT as well. I was going to make a joke about which one has the chips in ;)... the Pignose just has separate transistors :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Definitely my Boss TU-3 :lol: 

Bye!

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3588
    Aphex aural exciter Type E. Actually it's a half rack unit, but been on the board for a couple of decades.

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5164
    Out of my 2 pedals, this one is probably the most rare... VL Jimi Fuzz Face

https://i.imgur.com/5NhwV5i.jpg
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4982
    ICBM said:
    Rocker said:

Yes I have a Pignose for learning bits on the guitar.
    Ah, I thought you had a HT as well. I was going to make a joke about which one has the chips in ;)... the Pignose just has separate transistors :).
    I thought you were thinking along those lines
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    edited August 2019
    The only pedal I started feeling iffy about having on my board in case it got nicked was my Boss DC-2. 
    I've had pedals which were more expensive but at the time the DC-2 wasn't easy to replace.  Then I found the Behringer clone, and now they've Waza'd the DC-2. 
    I've got a Boss FRV-1 and they are getting (slightly) harder to find.
    As are FZ-2 s but I don't know why I haven't sold mine tbh.
    And they ain't making no more Bad Monkeys. 

• Looking at some prices asked on ebay I guess my Zendrive 2 could fit the category.  Certainly not made any more (by Alf).

• Dave_VaderDave_Vader Frets: 360
    Is it my Digitech Bass Synth Wah?

It would have been the awesome home-made boost with two outputs I got off ebay years ago if I hadn't sold it like a twat.
    It's even rarer now even I don't have one.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12359
    I've got a plastic arion distortion pedal I bought second hand in the 90's.  doesn't work on one of the two settings and the stereo output doesn't do anything so that probably affects its erm value....
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    I’ve got a Salon Pedal... It’s like a Boutique Pedal with the added bonus of ear piercing capabilities.

See what I did there. :)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Mine would probably be a Hermida Audio Zendrive 2.

It's a pretty uncommon pedal, but I know there's at least a pair of them in the UK because Alf accidentally sent me two (he charged me for both, don't panic) and I sold the spare one at cost - which was slightly less than a quarter of what people are asking for them now!
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
  • MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    edited August 2019
    Ezhi & Aka Flutter - not only are they incredibly rare anyway, but each one is individually acid-etched with a design. Mine has the god Neptune on it.
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3549
    I've got a Timmy and an SCH-1. That's kind of it. Not especially rare. I use them all the time. 
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5854
    U-Sound Yellow Q (Envelope Filter)

Had to have it imported from Russia, bought it in 2012. Took about 2-3 weeks and I think it was held for a few days ;) I also bought their "Shaman" Buffer at the same time, although I have hardly used the Buffer.

Here's a Vid of Mr Kingman with the Yellow Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RL5hWUxeCI

Nice Innit?

I suppose it's only "rare" in this Country, probably every Guitarist in Russia has one :)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • gjonesygjonesy Frets: 146
    ibanez suzz wah - big aluminium thing in a box in the garage somewhere (probably broken)
    EQD sound shank

do they count?

• Mine would probably be a Hermida Audio Zendrive 2.

It's a pretty uncommon pedal, but I know there's at least a pair of them in the UK because Alf accidentally sent me two (he charged me for both, don't panic) and I sold the spare one at cost - which was slightly less than a quarter of what people are asking for them now!
    Same thing happened to me. Sold my other to a mate for what it cost me.
    At the time they were selling for at least double because of the wait.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    DiscoStu said:
    My MonkeyFX Valvesporker. Properly rare as
    Sporky only made 30 odd (I think) of them and every one has a different finish/design.
    Ooh, I’d forgotten I have one of those as well!
    Haha, yes!
    Same here. Mine's brown with an orange stripes. Very 70's! 
    Also got a couple of Sporky's Monkey Fuzzles - don't know how rare they are though.

Which reminds me, I also have a couple of Hello Sailor fuzzes (including the big pink one made from an naval ship's emergency light).

Otherwise I guess my rarest ones must be my Boss PN-2s and maybe the Ibanez DC9. Nothing spectacular though

• SRichSRich Frets: 762
    Fulltone Stereo Deja 'Vibe 2 - never seen another one - certainly not out in the wild. It has it's own postcode and is built in crackle finished metal casing. This should have it's own 'Univibe butler' to accompany it out.

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
  • SRichSRich Frets: 762
    Jaded said:
    used to own the PW-2 which I believe is one of the rarest pedals they made?
    BossArea site suggests 19000 of these built.....rare nuh huh. It isn't going to be my pension...... ;)

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom