What is your rarest pedal?

What's Hot

Comments

• timhulio said:
    Gulliver said:
    V1 Breadboard Paul C Tim.   Has stayed on my board since the day I bought it!

Wonder why it's called Tim. Always makes me think of this.

The Replacements - Tim coverjpg
    Weird that the typeface used is identical
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Dinosaural and lovetone stuff mainly. Huge fan of Dan. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I have one of the first production pedals that tim from ,then, Fuzzfaceless fx, now Faceless fx made for me.  Bug mudf on one side and a fuzz face on the other. Sounds mental but looks even crazier. Hand written spiel on the inside about it but to top it all off, he covered it in stars that youd find on a kids copybook.
    Yes. 
    Sounds cool, looks mental and ill never (wouldnt be able to) sell it.
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • Think my interest in pedals has waned a little. I’ve just sold off a lot of my stuff including a Reissue Boss OD-1, DSD-2, FZ-2. From my Boss leftovers I’d say my Boss PN-2 or PS-3
  • markv said:
    I have a Ken Multi MCP-7 Compressor

It's a very average-sounding, cheap, plastic clone of a BOSS CS-2 and I'm sure it's worth less than the £29.95 I paid at Maplins in about 1990 ... but I bet it's rare. I still have the box too. Form an orderly queue.

http://i.imgur.com/asDt5Gw.jpg
    I have most of the Locobox pedals from the 80s. Some of them were branded as Ken, but I don't think they were the range your Compressor was. 
  • I have a Fuuzface I got via mail order from Soho Soundhouse or somesuch from an advert in Sounds.

Research has shown to to probably be a Crest Audio reissue which may be rare. No idea how it sounds compared to an original, but it's presently boxed up and may be sent to a guy Juan Solo recommended for repair.

Not sure if the OP meant small run or old. i have an MkI Guv'nor. Might be UK made, not sure. 
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31589
    I have one of these somewhere, though I think I butchered it a bit sometime in the 90s. 
    I bought it in Denmark St for £6.50 because it was the cheapest pedal in the whole street. 
    No longer, it seems. 

https://reverb.com/uk/item/11012969-vintage-1974-cbs-arbiter-power-driver-treble-bass-booster-boost-guitar-pedal-gary-hurst-tone-bender
  • Probably my Original Diaz texas square faces in British racing green with yellow print.
    Got two of them from ccgx years ago for peanuts.

Easily on par with white dot sunface.
  • Hungry Robot Dark Moby for me. Just because not many were made.
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 455
    Not sure as I have a few custom run Dr Scientist ones. But definitely most valuable is my Moog MF104M SD
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7786
    edited August 2019

The only pedals I have that could very loosely be called rare are three I've built myself which are experimental, all modified from a Devi Ever OK circuit. 1) a very stuttery fuzz, 2) two of the stuttery fuzz circuits in one enclosure and 3) a cut down version (fuzz, no stutter) doubled up which has resulted in a gated fuzz.

So none of them are worth much more than the components, but they are the only examples so very rare
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I have a Goosoniqueworx 7thvn. I think this is the first one he tried to mass manafacture. But he ran out of NOS JFETs so they are pretty rare outside of Singapore. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rShfcQpgxF4&t=325s

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10206
    timhulio said:
    Gulliver said:
    V1 Breadboard Paul C Tim.   Has stayed on my board since the day I bought it!

Wonder why it's called Tim. Always makes me think of this.

The Replacements - Tim coverjpg
    Weird that the typeface used is identical
    Except you haven’t had to replace it... Right? Right?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4980
    I prefer the sound of my guitar plugged straight into a valve amplifier.  That way I hear the sound of my guitar & amp and not the output from a chip in a box.

I tune my guitar using a Peterson StroboStom but it is never in circuit when I play.  On the rare occasions I need a bit of a boost, I use an LPB-1.  TBH I can't remember when I used it last, sometime last year I suppose, and only with my Strat.  Does that fit the 'rare' qualification?

Someone posted a video recently, of a cover of Heroes, and one of the guitar players used an ebow to sustain notes.  Very interesting looking device but I can't think of a song our little group covers that requires long sustain on notes.

Rare pedals?  Not sure if a Line6 Pod qualifies as such, but I have one.  It still works, must try it through a PA one of these days.  
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I had an old axis fuzz. No one seems to have or sell them.

I didn't know much about it, but loved the sound. Let a friend borrow it, he gigged it and it vanished. 

Now I have a home build of the same circuit, best fuzz face ever I reckon. 
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2950

Alien OctaFuzz, made by the guys that make those alien plectrums. 1 of 12 made.

No photo description available

Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72323
    Rocker said:
    I prefer the sound of my guitar plugged straight into a valve amplifier.  That way I hear the sound of my guitar & amp and not the output from a chip in a box.
    Isn't it a Pignose and a Blackstar HT you have? ;)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • damm73damm73 Frets: 358
    Mostly fuzzes...

Spaceman Gemini III and Sputnik
    Effectrode Helios
    Pigdog Loony (#2!)
    Thorpy GE Vet
    Vemuram Shanks 3K

Also still got my Moog MF104MSD and a big box Cali76TX which seem to be getting hard to find these days. 
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2236
    I dont have anything rare but I do have some stuff that isnt made anymore 

King of Tone V2
    Klon 
    Robotalk V1
    large box DMM millions made but not anymore

• RockerRocker Frets: 4980
    ICBM said:
    Rocker said:
    Isn't it a Pignose and a Blackstar HT you have? ;)
    Yes I have a Pignose for learning bits on the guitar.  When playing with my friends, I always use my Stinger SE amp.  I have always liked the guitar sound on Country & Irish recordings.  Clean chimey Strat, raunchy Tele, darker Gibson and so on.  I never liked or got into heavily distorted or fuzzy sounds, the Wah Wah I always felt was gimmicky, ditto Tremelo.

when practicing I want to know what I am doing right or doing wrong.  The Pignose tell me straight.  It is not unmusical but it is honest.

For bass I use my Markbass combo when with my friends and a Blackstar Fly Bass for practicing at home.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum