What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1058
    355 is ridiculous. Dream guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    CMW335 said:

Thanks for the tip on the bridge, got a couple of other things I want done as the frets need attention and I want a pickup installed (only because it’s already drilled for one) so may get it all done at once.
    I would keep the original bridge, it’s a big part of the unique character of these.

Looks like a 1 piece back on the J45 as well.  
    Definitely 2-piece bookmatched.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • shugzshugz Frets: 768
    Guitars look ace old bean. 355 especially but I would say that.

Enjoy.

Cheers 
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5169
    It’s times like this when all I have to say is ‘I should have tried harder at school’ Shit the bed they are gorgeous  :)
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3496
    ICBM said:

Definitely 2-piece bookmatched.
    Yeah you're right, I missed the join. 
  • That 355 is something else. Gorgeous.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    earwighoney said:

Yeah you're right, I missed the join. 
    It's not the join that gives it away, it's the obviously near-symetrical grain pattern in the upper bouts - you would never get that in a tree. (And further down, if you look more closely.)

The one I had was very plain with none of that figuring, and could probably have passed for one-piece, but it definitely wasn't.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3215
    Wow, just wow. What an awesome incoming combination. That 355 looks magnificent.
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 471
    Those old round shouldered J45s usually have a wonderful tone. I like the genuine Gibson vibrato on the 355, I know that they don’t function that well but they look super cool. Hope that they’re both okay when you receive them.