Favourite Website for Parts

What's Hot
thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
What do you think is the best website for getting parts for guitars, from necks & bodies to hardware like tremolos & pickguards and electronics like pots & caps?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• revsorgrevsorg Frets: 880
    edited August 2019
    I use Amber Guitars under the belief that it's run by someone here on The Fretboard.

https://www.amberguitar.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4928
    BTN are good for Hipshot & other hardware.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7012
  • @gavin_axecaster gets my vote, and I think some others agree.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8713
    Axecaster Axesrus Axetec BlackDog. They all have to buy bulk quantities, so sometimes someone is out of stock or conversely has something at an older price. Over the last three years I’ve been around the houses for two gang five way superswitches. 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Axetec is run by a guy who used to be on the old forum. Keith's a good bloke and gets everything out really quickly. He sells Iron Gear pick ups, which are excellent value and very well respected, but he also has a ton of other bits and bobs.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2900
    I've always used Axesrus as my first port of call. Usually good prices and the customer service is always spot on.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12376
    Axes r us and Alegree
  • Axetec is run by a guy who used to be on the old forum. Keith's a good bloke and gets everything out really quickly. He sells Iron Gear pick ups, which are excellent value and very well respected, but he also has a ton of other bits and bobs.
    Is he actually Mr IronGear pickups? As I've never actually seen them for sale anywhere else.

• bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    www.charlesguitars.co.uk has some good stuff, too.  I've bought some bits and pieces from there, and would again.
  • Have used both Mojo & Oil City for pickups, both excellent.
    Also bought bits from Alegree; Axcaster; Axetec & Amber Guitar  everyone of them has been good.
    For some obscure things Philadelphia Luthier supplies in the US are good. I got some stuff from Tricked Out Guitar on Ebay once & their prices & service were very good.
    I understand Northwest Guitar's necks are very good & I think have pre-cut nuts, which can be useful, though I've not had one personally.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    edited August 2019
    Axesrus for most things. They’ve always been really helpful and will answer questions over the phone if you get stuck or if don’t know what you’re doing (which is fairly often me tbh). I believe they’ve stopped doing guitar bodies nowadays but they used to do some nice quality ones at pretty reasonable prices. I built one of my partscasters with one. 
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    Have used both Mojo & Oil City for pickups, both excellent.
    Also bought bits from Alegree; Axcaster; Axetec & Amber Guitar  everyone of them has been good.
    For some obscure things Philadelphia Luthier supplies in the US are good. I got some stuff from Tricked Out Guitar on Ebay once & their prices & service were very good.
    I understand Northwest Guitar's necks are very good & I think have pre-cut nuts, which can be useful, though I've not had one personally.
    I’m just about to deal with tricked out via Reverb so that’s good to know 
  • Check out Northwest Guitars, great prices and stock!
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3655
    Check out Northwest Guitars, great prices and stock!
    Good guys with the added bonus that they are just 3 miles up the road, which is nice.
  • wwwwww Frets: 72
    Just bought some bits from Axecaster and really pleased with the Tele control plate and Gotoh bridge. Excellent service and really well priced
  • Another vote for Axetec here, Keith has always been very helpful and everything I've had from him has been really good quality
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

Is he actually Mr IronGear pickups? As I've never actually seen them for sale anywhere else.
    I've thought that on several occasions myself, to be fair, but I've never actually asked him.

Oh, and another vote for North West Guitars, too. (He's on here somewhere, I'm sure of it...)
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 992
    TTBZ said:
    I've always used Axesrus as my first port of call. Usually good prices and the customer service is always spot on.
    This is my view too.  Most of the others are ok, but these people always seem to be willing to take the extra step.
  • John at First Avenue Guitars has a carefully curated selection of mostly Fender parts, and is great if those are what you want. For Dimarzio pickups I've bought from Banjomikez in the US via ebay, and for many regular parts Axecaster and Axesrus.