Favourite Website for Parts

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• PonchoGregPonchoGreg Frets: 764
    Not very original, but between Axesrus and @gavin_axecaster ; (the latter more for Fender stuff if I'm not mistaken) you'll have 99% of your bases covered for hardware. Shout out to @sixstringsupplies too for electronics (wire and the likes), super fast service and good prices.
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Did buy pickups, a new bridge, tail-piece, strap-locks and locking tuners from Axetec recently. This was for my upgrade my LTD EC-256 project. Service, price, delivery, and quality of parts all excellent as usual.

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4928
    Roland said:
    Axecaster Axesrus Axetec BlackDog. They all have to buy bulk quantities, so sometimes someone is out of stock or conversely has something at an older price. Over the last three years I’ve been around the houses for two gang five way superswitches. 
    Are BlackDog still around?
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8713
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Thanks for all the replies, I've bookmarked all the ones mentioned for future searches.

Want to report a couple of good experiences this morning:

I had received some WD Music own-brand pickup covers yesterday but when I tried to fit them, only one of them actually fit and the other two were too small. So I hastily ordered some official Fender ones from Strings Direct late last night as I couldn't be bothered returning the WD ones and didn't want to risk trying other third party ones.

This morning, though, I got an email first thing from WD saying they did have a batch of wrongly sized covers, thought they had got rid of them all but a couple must have slipped through so they've tested a couple to make sure they fit and sent them in the post this morning.

I then emailed Strings Direct asking if I could cancel, but thinking it's possibly too late now. But I received a reply within minutes giving a refund.

So have to highlight the great service from both companies - always had good service from both in the past and very happy with what happened this morning, will use both companies again without a shadow of a doubt.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    How do these sites' own-brand bridges etc compare quality-wise to Wilkinson stuff? 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Just want to post another update on this:

As I said above, the WD own-brand pickup covers didn't fit so I emailed them and they sent another pack of three. These actually didn't fit either so I phoned them up and the guy I was speaking to looked at the stock of the covers and measured them and found that some were slightly larger than others so sent me a couple of the larger ones.

When they arrived I checked them and finally had three that fit on my pickups so was happy. But then when I was actually trying to mount them on to the pickguard, two of them fit normally but with one of them, one of the screw holes didn't line up with the pickup's enough to screw it in.

Another thing is that I ordered volume/tone knobs that were also WD own-brand and they were a tight fit, didn't slip on snuggly like Fender knobs and didn't go all the way down to the pickguard.

I've now decided to give up on the own-brand ones and just pay extra for Fender branded parts.

Can't fault WD as a company, they were very helpful and I don't doubt for a second they'd have sent yet another one if I didn't tell them not to bother. But I wouldn't recommend their own brand knobs or covers. Their pickguards are very good though.