Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Car boot swag

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10482
    tFB Trader
    The best car boot swag I ever picked up was a Shergold Marathon bass for £20 ... complete and very playable, but with horrible punk slogans carved into it's top (with a penknife probably). I stripped the guitar and put a book matched burl olive wood veneer on the front ... then sprayed it as a burst to cover the edges. Ended up selling it ... but actually regret getting rid of it ... lovely neck.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    CloudNine said:
    Be careful, this is how HarrySeven got started, and now look at him, a Channel 4 documentary waiting to happen...
    Cheek!
    A Harry Seven YouTube channel would be fantastic! I’d definitely be a subscriber.
    It would be really interesting to see some of your collection @HarrySeven ;
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8031
    King85 said:
    CloudNine said:
    Be careful, this is how HarrySeven got started, and now look at him, a Channel 4 documentary waiting to happen...
    Cheek!
    A Harry Seven YouTube channel would be fantastic! I’d definitely be a subscriber.
    If I had time, I’d love to document it all...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    King85 said:
    CloudNine said:
    Cheek!
    I will come work as an archivist for you in return for tea, jammie dodgers and a library style loaning system.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12377
    Have you not seen hoarders where they find a cat they had lost 3 months ago squashed flat by fallen boxes...
  • ten years ago i picked up from hemel hempsted market a beaten up old squire strat for £15. i didnt know much about them but i knew you could buy cheap squire sets with amps new for about £90.  Not until my knowlegable friend saw it and said it was a japanese one probably from the 80s, maybe worth 300/400 . i kept it for a few years, it was a decent guitar but eventually sold it for 200 i think
  • rossirossi Frets: 1703
    I rescued a" pre law "suit style Les Paul bolt on  for a fiver up the tip ..Probably Avon .Usual string and tuner gone .The bonus was it came with a Morley Power Wah which after a new bulb sold for a tidy sum .The LP is OK up to and including the twelfth fret but gets a bit iffy after that as a previous occupant filed all the upper frets down a bit too much to lower the action .Its not worth a fret job .I did get a Squier SE off Gumtree for 20  .Usual string missing but very playable .
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14446
    King85 said:
    H7 - YouTube "influencer". :o

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice score and kind of quirky looking! I picked up a Korean made Epiphone SG for £10 a few years ago and I still love it. 
    Link to my trading feedback
  • Dave_VaderDave_Vader Frets: 360
    I still have a 1976 EHX Small Stone I got for £2 at a boot sale 10 years ago.
    Bloke said it didn't work, he was wrong, I took it home, plugged it in and all good.

It's been through a bit of shit since then and doesn't at the moment, but it should be back again soon.
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 471
    edited August 2019
    Most of my boot sale bargains have been moved on but I still have a few. Among them are an original early 60s Watkins Copikat,(£25), a 1980s Japanese Vox Vox Bass,(£7.50), a  DeArmond M65 Guitar, (£7.50), a Peavey Bandit 65 amplifier,(£5.00) and an Epiphone Flying V which had been fitted with an aluminium scratch plate and a pair of USA made EMZ pickups, (£35). These are just the tip of the iceberg!