Guitaraid London has closed? Where to go in South Lond

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• rze99rze99 Frets: 2305
    rico said:
    I’m pretty sure that Adam is behind Putney Amps and Chris is doing Hightide Guitar repairs. 

If anyone needs me to confirm, it’s a 5 min walk from my house. 
    that would be extremely nice of you thank you @rico ;

Already arranged to see that nice Jon Dickinson chap, but I like to have options ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    rze99 said:
    rico said:
    I’m pretty sure that Adam is behind Putney Amps and Chris is doing Hightide Guitar repairs. 

If anyone needs me to confirm, it’s a 5 min walk from my house. 
    that would be extremely nice of you thank you @rico ;

Already arranged to see that nice Jon Dickinson chap, but I like to have options ;)

Business as usual. Adam on amps/pedals etc and Chris on guitars. 

Sounds like a terrible band. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Brief update. i texted with Greg. He just decided to move the family out of London to the countryside and he's loving it.
  • PonchoGregPonchoGreg Frets: 764
    @rze99 ; do let us know how it goes with Dickinson. He's very local to me (had no idea) so that could prove mighty useful down the line. Thanks!
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
    Will do

I forgot to update this thread.

Jon Dickinson was great.

He fixed the issues on my Genz Benz Black Pearl 30. Mostly it needed some new valves but also the reverb circuit was too quiet and he brought that to life, now it is lush and bright. The whole amp sounds even better now. He also fixed the issues on my '79 JMP Head. Again, mostly needed needed valves but also  a couple of the controls were on the way out so he did those. Finally, he fixed some uneven fretwork on a Tele neck. He turned the jobs round really quickly too.

One word about the location of his workshop, it is pretty hard to park nearby and so I was dashing in and out in a hurry wit the car parked illegally to drop off and collect which  is less than ideal as it would  have been nice to have chatted a bit.

Highly Recommended

• Thanks for the update man. I'll pay Jon a visit soon as he's really nearby - he's been super reactive/helpful in emails so far, and this feedback sounds like he's a very good tech.

Re: the parking situation, there is a big car park in the Sainsbury's nearby (free for 2hrs). For a heavy amp you could conceivably park in front to drop off and then go park in the Sainsbury's - although that would require driving all the way round the one-way crystal palace triangle
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!