Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Another camera query

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27351
    Sony A7 for me, never been happier with a mirror less and I’ve had them all.

Which is funny because I borrowed an A7iii and absolutely hated the thing despite image quality and, arguably, the best AF I've ever used. It just wasn't nice for me to use. I have small hands though, so I'm one of the few that would probably prefer the older, smaller gripped versions (although I didn't like the button layouts on those either!). 

Meh, what stupid things to complain about, they're all absolutely amazing cameras. We are so bloody lucky. 
    I'm the same. I admire a lot of the photos people are getting out of Sony stuff, but I just can't get my head around them ergonomically. I also love Fuji's colour rendering, so I'm still very happy with my XT3
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sony A7 for me, never been happier with a mirror less and I’ve had them all.

Which is funny because I borrowed an A7iii and absolutely hated the thing despite image quality and, arguably, the best AF I've ever used. It just wasn't nice for me to use. I have small hands though, so I'm one of the few that would probably prefer the older, smaller gripped versions (although I didn't like the button layouts on those either!). 

Meh, what stupid things to complain about, they're all absolutely amazing cameras. We are so bloody lucky. 
    I'm the same. I admire a lot of the photos people are getting out of Sony stuff, but I just can't get my head around them ergonomically. I also love Fuji's colour rendering, so I'm still very happy with my XT3

I liked fuji colours okay, but the files were such a pain to edit, weird artifacts (tried all software and tricks online), very slow to load. 

The canon 6D has insanely great colour but the anti alias filter is so strong I often feel like my images are soft as I came from a fuji xt-2 and prior to that a nikon D7200 (perhaps the best value ILC there is?). 

The 6d files are amazingly flexible and easy to edit bar the sharpness... So I think I want a 5DSR but they're expensive... 

Meh, they all have their problems. To be honest, I care more about the print than anything and all these differences disappear. I have a 1 metre b+w print of a portrait of my parents, and it's great - taken on a 10mp nikon D200 (which, incidentally, had amazing colour science but you better get the exposure right!). 
  • Crazy Canon colour example - I could never get this from the fuji anywhere near as easy, it would get cartoony rather than "bold". It's a bit extreme, but it prints well...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sony A7 for me, never been happier with a mirror less and I’ve had them all.

That’s why the best advice is always to have a play with them all. I could not for the life of me get on with Fuji, nothing gelled.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4730

Okay, after much over-thinking I saw @skullfunkerry was selling an X-T20 at a decent price so jumped on it.  Only arrived this afternoon but first impressions are I made the right choice.  It feels quite a bit different to my DSLR, but surprisingly similar to my old 'student' Centon K100.  Now a weekend of setting it up how I want it and getting to grips with it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4730
    Some test shots in the garden, on a very dull Manc day.....

• skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4215
    Some test shots in the garden, on a very dull Manc day.....

I do love those Fuji greens... glad you're pleased with it! :)
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom