Comments

• phil_bphil_b Frets: 2010
    what software should I use to record?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    phil_b said:
    Audacity is free.

Reaper is the one I use and is very fancy/complex. It's not free but it is very cheap and works for free so you can demo it without limitations.

With Reaper you'd defo need to spend a bit of time learning it but you could get as advanced as you like (right up to top level studio stuff).

With Audacity it's more of a simple recording programme so would be a lot easier to get started on.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Does your amp have aux in?

i have a katana 50 

so I go  computer ear out to aux in on amp , then amp out to headphones . Or amp out to studio monitors and plug phones into monitors as it saves me furtling around under the desk
    I found my Blackstar Fly (which I got simply as something small and convenient to noodle around with) excellent for this and frequently use it this way.

thegummy said:
    phil_b said:
    Audacity is free.

Reaper is the one I use and is very fancy/complex. It's not free but it is very cheap and works for free so you can demo it without limitations.

With Reaper you'd defo need to spend a bit of time learning it but you could get as advanced as you like (right up to top level studio stuff).

With Audacity it's more of a simple recording programme so would be a lot easier to get started on.
    I managed to get my septuagenarian father using Reaper within about 20 minutes.  Reaper also adds the possibility of using modelling/effects plug-ins live. Although ultimately he ended up using Traction 7 which is similar in functionality, free and has a slightly more user-friendly, if cluttered, interface. 
    can anyone help me out with links to the downloads
  • SlopeSoarerSlopeSoarer Frets: 851
    edited September 2019
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2019

thanks for the links.

I just tried my first recording using audacity and I am much worse than I thought

• thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    phil_b said:

thanks for the links.

I just tried my first recording using audacity and I am much worse than I thought

lol we all are mate.

I truly believe hearing that helps us improve much more than if we never recorded and listened to ourselves.

Also, there's a weird phenomenon where I can play something perfectly 20 times then as soon as I hit record, it takes another 20 takes to get it right lol
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • The red recording light is worse than a live audience for draining all your skills.  =)
    edited September 2019

edited September 2019
    Sl