New headphones - Wow!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mark123mark123 Frets: 1327
    Rocker said:
    mark123 said:
    sorry to half hijack the thread but any decent headphones for around £60? 

Stock answer: Superlux from Thomann.  Decent sound quality for beer money.
    cheers but what model number ? as their are quite a few 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mark123 said:
    Rocker said:
    mark123 said:

Stock answer: Superlux from Thomann.  Decent sound quality for beer money.
    cheers but what model number ? as their are quite a few 

Also interested, the mechanical wire socket on mine has gone so Bluetooth only... Want a nice light pair that sounds great with a zoom g5n. 
  • Sorry to U turn the thread @Voxman but how do you find those cans for temperature?

I've been using headphones a lot lately since playing more bass and I get so hot, was considering open backs but maybe its the construction/materials of my cheap Behringer's!
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Sorry to U turn the thread @Voxman but how do you find those cans for temperature?

I've been using headphones a lot lately since playing more bass and I get so hot, was considering open backs but maybe its the construction/materials of my cheap Behringer's!
    I have the same ones. They are very comfortable but do get a bit hot with lengthy use.

As far as I know it's inherent in closed backs and the airyness is a benefit of open.
  • I need some new headphones too. Thanks @Voxman ;for the review of the AT-M50x. I may well put a pair of these on my GAS list

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4729
    Sorry to U turn the thread @Voxman but how do you find those cans for temperature?

So far I've not noticed any undue temperature issues.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • mark123 said:
    At m40x are £71 on Amazon prime. If you can though wait and get the extra £40 for the m50's. I have a set I have had about 7 years and I love them.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2914
    edited September 2019
    I’ve heard the AT’s can sound a bit scooped which may result in you dialling in too much mid. The Beyer DT770s aren’t completely flat but generally I find the sound translates pretty well to other speakers and devices if I get it sounding good on those.
  • at's sound great, sennheiser hd 25's sound great, beyer dt770s sound great. personal preference really.