Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

How Thomann does it?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• MattFGBIMattFGBI Frets: 1602
    Insert “that escalated quickly” meme here....
    This is not an official response. 

contactemea@fender.com 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • rossirossi Frets: 1707
    fandango said:
    Context; I paid £600 for a brand new SG Special in 2016. It's still massively overpriced 
    I agree. Gibson are having a bit of a laugh with their stupidity high prices, I don’t know if it’s something to do with the decreasing value of the £. I wonder what will happen to Thomann prices in the U.K. if we crash out of the EU.
    We aren’t “crashing out” of anything. The UK is leaving. What we make of it after we leave is down to those who have the sense. Unlike all those chest beaters who think the world’s going to end on the 31st October, and won’t lift a finger to improve their own or their country’s opportunities.

And this preoccupation with the economic effect of Brexit shouldn’t distract us from a vibrant worldwide market for guitars. There IS a bargain out there, but not necessarily in one of the EU’s 27, but maybe in one of the other 160-170 countries that are not members of the EU.
    bless you .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Context; I paid £600 for a brand new SG Special in 2016. It's still massively overpriced 
    I agree. Gibson are having a bit of a laugh with their stupidity high prices, I don’t know if it’s something to do with the decreasing value of the £. I wonder what will happen to Thomann prices in the U.K. if we crash out of the EU.
    To bring this, kicking and screaming, back on topic... It will very much depend. 

I doubt they'll sell much to the UK if we have to pay imoort duty and a tarrif on top of the RRP, it will simply be more expensive than buying here. 

Thomman prices were a lot more attractive when we got €1.50 per £ anyway. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Their V30 cabinets still present a superb bargain.

Now all I need to do is get one shipped to me, well, soon...

HUGE opportunity for someone like the Andertons/PMT/GG cartel to enter the market importing HBs direct from the manufacturer, in a B***** defying tie-up with Thomann.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8767
    Whitecat said:
    Roland said:
    Their internal costs are lower. For example, they don’t have a high street retail store front to fund. 
    Their volumes are high, so their fixed overhead costs are spread more thinly.
    Their purchasing power allows them to buy larger quantities, which means that suppliers’ costs per item are lower, and the purchasing price can be lower. 
    Their geographic reach means that they can shift stock which Gibson Germany can’t sell as quickly. This particular line of guitars might be something which Gibson wants to clear to make room for new stock lines.
    They do have a retail store, and it’s massive. 
    Yes, but it’s not paying high street rent and rates. Any other retailer of comparable turnover would be running a chain of shops.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10278
    edited September 2019
    Ahh there’s point in arguing with people who believe in unicorns. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Well with guitars,not so good with pedals.
       Don't think they'll be moving into gruel substitute any time soon.
    When logic and proportion
  • That is a really really good price for a fairly rare colour, nitro, P90s, hardcase. I'm tempted. I'm glad I didn't get one at £1200!
  • JotaJota Frets: 465
    Just a heads up: at the least the one I got, although it's from january 2019, it has the PCB inside.
    So, they're not the new ones that were announced as part of the 2019 collection.
  • sratosrato Frets: 24
    Thomann prices are between normal and high but retail store prices are far too high. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom