SE Paul’s Guitar - Any owners?

What's Hot
duotoneduotone Frets: 995
I keep finding myself looking at these online & wondered Did anyone here buy or play a SE Paul’s guitar?

https://youtu.be/ZGNeVeCaLYM
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Somebody on here asked the same question a month or so ago. You might find some helpful opinions in that Discussion.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5417
    Not yet.

I'm in a similar position, in that I quite fancy one (I quite fancy a full-fat one, but ...) but as of yet haven't had time to pop to a suitable store and try one out. I'm also not hugely enamoured with the colours, other than the red, and my two primary electrics are both red already, so was hoping for something different.

Also, after listening to an A/B comparison on Philip McKnight's YouTube channel, I largely reconvinced myself that I'd probably not be happy with the SE, because part of the attraction of the full-fat one is the pickups.
  • Well spotted, sir. 

I am fortunate to own examples of PRS SE, S2 and Core series guitars. They are all enjoyable to play but the class on the top money stuff does show through.

With well-chosen aftermarket pickups, a modified SE Paul’s Guitar could become almost anything you desire EXCEPT a clone of the full fat American model.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5417
    Earlier thread is here

I think it probably shed more heat than light, but if you do get one, at least you know Tony might buy it off you if you don't get on with it ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27704
     :+1: 
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 995
    Snags said:
    Earlier thread is here

I think it probably shed more heat than light, but if you do get one, at least you know Tony might buy it off you if you don't get on with it ;)
    Cheers @Snags ;