Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What's your post-gig routine?

What's Hot
After playing, packing up, driving home, unpacking, what do you do?  Party / go straight to bed / eat a mahoosive snack / entertain 17 groupies?

Me?  After gigs I feel so wired I can't usually get to sleep for ages so I tend to spend a while eating and editing videos and suddenly it's 3 in the morning and I still haven't showered and i'm freezing in my sweaty t-shirt.  (Obvs that's after I've kicked out the 17 groupies.)  
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1384
    Beer..... or a creamer de menthe frappe
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have some dark chocolate and a glass of milk, whilst ignoring the cats going CAN WE GO OUT CAN WE GO OUT, then go to bed.

Having become recently single I am considering the groupie approach. They're not having any of my chocolate though.

I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8766
    I don’t drink when I’m playing. Once I get home I sit down with a beer and catch up with life online.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33848
    I go to sleep.

Then in the morning I get up, put on my clothes and go home.
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Lay awake listening to the gentle “bwaaaaaaaaaahisssssssss” in my ears coz I didn’t wear my earplugs again...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10896
    poopot said:
    Lay awake listening to the gentle “bwaaaaaaaaaahisssssssss” in my ears coz I didn’t wear my earplugs again...
    At least yours is gentle
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6924
    poopot said:
    I usually hear that from the audience when I walk on stage as well.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30318
    I like to wind down by having loads of sex before going home to the wife.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2914
    Our old routine at local gigs was drive all the gear back to the nearest members house then walk back to the pub for the rest of the night/stagger to the nearest kebab shop. Nowadays I think I’d rather pack down and get home to bed as quick as possible :) usually stay for a drink afterwards though.
  • I gigged last night and can say I stayed for a drink then went home and collapsed into bed!

Have to go back today to collect gear and will no doubt discuss the gig with the rest of the band etc.
  • Toast
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Soft drink immediately after the gig for me as I was generally the designated driver.  Gear back home to unload and bed.  Groupie usually waiting for me with a decaf tea.  Could be something about the types of gigs we are playing.

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10732
    tFB Trader
    These days ... when I do get around to gigging ... it's mug of tea, sometimes a small beer ... and sleep.

Back in the day ... drink, drugs, women, perverted things with doughnuts, getting lost in strange towns ... vomiting ... I seem to remember a lot of that ... discovering I'd accidentally slept with the bass players wife ... 

Happy days :-) 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1207
    Apologise for being late.
  • These days ... when I do get around to gigging ... it's mug of tea, sometimes a small beer ... and sleep.

Back in the day ... drink, drugs, women, perverted things with doughnuts, getting lost in strange towns ... vomiting ... I seem to remember a lot of that ... discovering I'd accidentally slept with the bass players wife ... 

Happy days :-) 
    Well, glad to hear one of us on here flew the flag for rock n roll :)
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31677
    Glass of wine, do the social media stuff, then bed. Usually about 20 minutes after getting in. 
  • There's usually a fairly high likelihoods of me having work the next day, so usually straight to bed. Although sometimes I've done afternoon gigs/festivals/early-evening support slots and then gone straight to work nightshift afterwards. Not much fun!
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4046
    Last night:  looked on here for a few minutes, listened to the radio, cup of tea and because they have just become ripe enough to eat had:
    an avocado with a sprinkling of salt, black pepper, and a squirt of hot chilli sauce!
    Then bed.
    Rock n Roll!
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30318
    Grunfeld said:
    Last night:  looked on here for a few minutes, listened to the radio, cup of tea and because they have just become ripe enough to eat had:
    an avocado with a sprinkling of salt, black pepper, and a squirt of hot chilli sauce!
    Then bed.
    Rock n Roll!
    Anything stronger than a squirt of lemon juice on avocado isn't just Rock n Roll, it's depraved.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4046
    Sassafras said:
    Anything stronger than a squirt of lemon juice on avocado isn't just Rock n Roll, it's depraved.
    Yeah, me an my avocado have inherited the legacy of Motley Crue...