Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What's your post-gig routine?

What's Hot

Comments

• I used to come on here and post on Who’s Gigging Tonight because posting on it beforehand seemed like tempting fate.

Otherwise eat a bit of something, have a shower, drink tea and watch something as mind numbing as possible on TV before going to bed. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FezFez Frets: 536
    Go home unload the gear from the car/s Have a beer or two in front of the the telly then bed.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • Last night I poured myself a glass of wine, put on an episode of Ancient Aliens and woke up two hours later and then went to bed
  • Have a glass of water and a couple of paracetamol to get rig of the massive fucking headache I’ve just given myself. Again.
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4729
    Sassafras said:
    I like to wind down by having loads of sex before going home to the wife.
    I'm impressed that you've still got strength left in your hand afher playing guitar all night!  =) :)
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    Usual case is drop off the bass player (back at the homeless shelter), get home, bring the guitars inside, leave the rest of my gear in the car and then spend the rest of night listening incase anyone breaks into my car.  

But seriously, once the gig is done, Im homeward bound. Most of our gigs finish at 11/1130 so packed away at the latest by 1230, home by 1 if the bassist doesnt want a Maccy Ds on the way 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10729
    tFB Trader
    The weirdest thing I ever did after a gig was go to a freezingly cold pagan midwinter festival, at  a standing stone in the middle of effing nowhere ... before spending the night kipped in a chair in the lounge of someone I'd never met before :-)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• Red wine, cheese and BB King on YouTube 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• Me?  After gigs I feel so wired I can't usually get to sleep for ages so I tend to spend a while eating and editing videos and suddenly it's 3 in the morning and I still haven't showered and i'm freezing in my sweaty t-shirt.  
    That pretty much describes it for me too.

I sometimes think, therefore I am intermittent
  • Usually our shows involve us having to load up van or cars with the backline from the band HQ, which is the guitarists house. So obviously after we all have to load back in at the house then all go off home.

Its usually rather late (gone 1am) and if we've eaten late too I find it hard to sleep so I'll just take a few moments to do social media posts and shower. Also rehydrating with water and if I'm still hungry I might have a small snack. I don't sleep too well that same night either.
  • I don't drink alcohol at gigs.

When I get home, I usually have a couple of beers. If I'm really tired I might take a drink straight to bed. A few times over the years I've nodded off and spilt beer over the bed, which doesn't go down well with the missus.

It's not a competition.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Home, grab a beer (as I'm usually driving it's often the forest of the night), BBC4 on to see what this week's theme is. Wind down a bit then off to bed. 
  • Yeah I dont drink at gigs either, i cant play at all otherwise.

Glad it's not just me that feels wired after a gig.  Guess that's why there are so many tales of rock n roll excess/parties as they try to find a way to relax after nightly gigs.  Although these days lots of them work out at the gym in the mornings to burn off the adrenalin.  A whole new wave of fitness rockers.
  • A pack of Hula Hoops and some Cream Crackers in front of the TV: and ALWAYS ALWAYS remember to change channels from Babestation before going to bed in case my wife gets up earlier than me the following morning. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2323
    Pack gear away, cup of tea, maybe a bit of browsing, then bed.
  • Drink some wine or whisky, eat something unhealthy and hang out on the internet until wound down and tired enough to got to bed.
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15993
    A gammy

I go and give two of the roadies a nice long......
    tae be or not tae be
  • We always seem to gig on Saturdays so I record Match of the Day and watch it when I get back from the gig, with a couple of whiskies.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • The shipping forecast and national anthem on radio 4.

Followed by a speed wank and possibly a dump and I'm sleeping like a baby.
  • I unload my guitars and pedal board then watch telly for a bit. Usually have a look on here for an hour then get to bed. I'm not as wired as I was 10 years ago so can sleep straight away. 

We've basically had the summer off but have gigs every weekend this month now. I'll report back. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"