Replacement tuners for squier bullet mustang?

What's Hot
Looking for advice on decent tuners to upgrade the stock squier ones. Seen a lot of people say they've done it but struggling to find suggestions if which to look into getting. Anyone able to recommend some that'll do the job? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• What diameter and depth are the holes drilled through the headstock to accept the original machineheads? 

Do you have the tools and confidence to ream those holes to a wider diameter?

Chances are, a set of replica Kluson safety tuners would fit without major modification. If the stock 'heads are fastened with either rear-facing pegs or a locator lug and screw, these holes may be left visible after the upgrade.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7038
    edited September 2019 tFB Trader
    The tuners on there should be perfectly fine.

If you want to replace them though, any 6-in-line 135° keys* such as these Gotohs should fit.
    https://www.allparts.uk.com/products/tuning-key-mini-6-in-line-gotoh

* 135° is the angle of the fixing screw
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    Why do you need to change them? The stock ones are fine.

At least 95% of all tuning problems are caused by things other than the machineheads, and when you've already got proper diecast/threaded-collar ones, probably at least 99%.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    I have one which Ive modded, as stated the standard tuners are fine, I changed mine for lockers as I had them kicking around.....same as these

http://www.axetec.co.uk/guitar_parts_uk_037.htm

the MH606
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• Nut job. Specifically, flaring out the string slots with the appropriate files.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.