SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB dogear P90

What's Hot
I’ve got a lovely Vintage Jr copy that has only ever had a stacked or humbucker pickup in it - has anyone out there got a dirt cheap dogear P90 bridge so I can see what all the P90 fuss is about?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    edited September 2019
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • I think we move in very different circles if you count £50 as dirt cheap!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JayceeJaycee Frets: 310
    edited September 2019
    Read the post wrongly
    Deleted comment
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 660
    I have a dog ear kicking around at home, not sure which brand.  £20 cheap enough?
    jdbwales said:
    I think we move in very different circles if you count £50 as dirt cheap!
    Well why don’t you post what you think dirt cheap is? It would help us to help you! If I’m being honest you’re not going to find out “what all the P90 fuss is all about” buying a £5 piece of tat.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76 said:
    jdbwales said:
    Well why don’t you post what you think dirt cheap is? It would help us to help you! If I’m being honest you’re not going to find out “what all the P90 fuss is all about” buying a £5 piece of tat.
    Fair I suppose! I’d be looking in the realms of £20 or under. 
    jdbwales said:
    zepp76 said:
    jdbwales said:
    The other thing I’d be worried about is you say your guitar has only had a humbucker in it so how would you mount the P90? As the routing for a humbucker would leave a lot of space when trying to mount a P90.
  • zepp76 said:
    jdbwales said:
    zepp76 said:
    jdbwales said:
    The other thing I’d be worried about is you say your guitar has only had a humbucker in it so how would you mount the P90? As the routing for a humbucker would leave a lot of space when trying to mount a P90.
    Yeah, not a standard full sized humbucker - it came with a stacked P90 which I replaced with a Creamery Hidden Humbucker. It’s brilliant, but I’ve still never had a ‘proper’ P90 in this guitar hence the curiosity!
    jdbwales said:
    zepp76 said:
    jdbwales said:
    zepp76 said:
    jdbwales said:
    Yeah, not a standard full sized humbucker - it came with a stacked P90 which I replaced with a Creamery Hidden Humbucker. It’s brilliant, but I’ve still never had a ‘proper’ P90 in this guitar hence the curiosity!
    Ah I see, well, I’m just waiting to hear back about the Oil city P90 for sale and if I buy it I won’t be fitting it to a guitar for a while as I haven’t found the right junior style guitar yet so if I end up buying it I can always send it out to you for you to try and if you don’t like it then you’ve lost no money except the postage to send it back to me. How does that sound?
    zepp76 said:
    jdbwales said:
    zepp76 said:
    jdbwales said:
    zepp76 said:
    jdbwales said:
    Ah I see, well, I’m just waiting to hear back about the Oil city P90 for sale and if I buy it I won’t be fitting it to a guitar for a while as I haven’t found the right junior style guitar yet so if I end up buying it I can always send it out to you for you to try and if you don’t like it then you’ve lost no money except the postage to send it back to me. How does that sound?
    Offer withdrawn, you’ve been on the site numerous times and you’ve not bothered to respond so I’ll assume you just aren’t interested.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76 said:
    zepp76 said:
    jdbwales said:
    zepp76 said:
    jdbwales said:
    zepp76 said:
    jdbwales said:
    Offer withdrawn, you’ve been on the site numerous times and you’ve not bothered to respond so I’ll assume you just aren’t interested.
    Sorry, I appreciate the offer but I’ve just popped on here briefly in between various childcare and other family emergencies this weekend - not had a lot of chance to reply properly. Sorry if it seemed ungrateful, it was very good of you to offer all the same.
  • I have a pre-owned Duncan Antiquity dogear P90 on a Hamer XT Junior. In all probability, the pickup is worth more than the rest of the guitar. The combination sounds fabulous so, the pickup stays installed.

Similarly, I have an Antiquity soapbar P90 in a modified PRS SE One. Again, the combination sounds as one would wish. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.