Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Am I cutting my nose off to spite my face?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7111
    SNAKEBITE said:

Teaching kids that if they don't get ready in time and be punctual is important, and if they aren't ready then then they don't get to do the nice things.

However having fun is also important, it's a balance.

I'd say teaching them the essential components of a full english is more important, especially in this case. I mean "pancakes"....wtf?
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SRichSRich Frets: 763
    Your Cardio Vascular system is in cahoots with your daughter..........

Life lessons to a child are important too.

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99 said:
    SNAKEBITE said:

Teaching kids that if they don't get ready in time and be punctual is important, and if they aren't ready then then they don't get to do the nice things.

I'd say teaching them the essential components of a full english is more important, especially in this case. I mean "pancakes"....wtf?
    Pancakes with an English is amazing. You aint lived.

Bye!

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    I think some limits have to be set. She can't always get her way... at the same time my daughter has me wrapped around her little finger. She's a total threenager..   i try... 
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7111
    tony99 said:
    SNAKEBITE said:

I'm willing to consider it, maybe. It just sounds like it leans too much toward an american brekkie, which means crappy bacon, and that would never do!
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • tony99 said:
    tony99 said:
    SNAKEBITE said:

I'm willing to consider it, maybe. It just sounds like it leans too much toward an american brekkie, which means crappy bacon, and that would never do!
    Oh definitely agreed there. The quality of the bacon is absolutely paramount 

Bye!

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3512
    Rather than punish her for not doing something, try and figure out why she isnt doing it and adjust to suit, perhaps she wants to do something else than fill her gut with greasy food? Try a picknick brekky in the park, keep your time together interesting and fresh.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72488
    octatonic said:
    Do people know the Evelyn Waugh banana story?
    During the second world war, Evelyn Waugh's wife managed to procure three bananas for their children. When she brought the fruit home, Evelyn sat down in front of the children, peeled the bananas, poured on cream and sugar, and ate them all. "It would be absurd to say that I never forgave him," wrote Waugh's son Auberon many years later, in his autobiography, Will This Do? (1991), "but he was permanently marked down in my estimation from that moment."

Apparently Evelyn himself was the subject of derision and exclusion by his own father who much preferred Evelyn's brother Alec- enough that whenever Evelyn expressed a desire for something (a toy or a bike) his father would purchase it for Alec. This could be a myth, but it was an often repeated one.

It wouldn't surprise me - giving them names like that was a form of child abuse passed down from one generation to the next, for a start...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33806
    ICBM said:
    octatonic said:
    Do people know the Evelyn Waugh banana story?
    During the second world war, Evelyn Waugh's wife managed to procure three bananas for their children. When she brought the fruit home, Evelyn sat down in front of the children, peeled the bananas, poured on cream and sugar, and ate them all. "It would be absurd to say that I never forgave him," wrote Waugh's son Auberon many years later, in his autobiography, Will This Do? (1991), "but he was permanently marked down in my estimation from that moment."

Apparently Evelyn himself was the subject of derision and exclusion by his own father who much preferred Evelyn's brother Alec- enough that whenever Evelyn expressed a desire for something (a toy or a bike) his father would purchase it for Alec. This could be a myth, but it was an often repeated one.

It wouldn't surprise me - giving them names like that was a form of child abuse passed down from one generation to the next, for a start...
    My favourite quote referring Waugh was by George Orwell, which was "almost as good a novelist as it is possible to be ... while holding untenable opinions".

"Brideshead Revisited" is still a masterpiece, despite EW's obvious cuntishness.
    Second only to George Eliot's "Middlemarch", imho.
  • NikcNikc Frets: 627
    I found appeasing my children and giving into them was always the best way - they still love me even now :)

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24387
    I she tall enough to reach the cooker ?  If not, get her a stool - problem solved!
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    One of the worst feelings, as a loving parent, is the occasional ‘I wish we had done that’ feeling a year or two down the line. Dont overthink it, dont punish for tardiness every day, and do enjoy every possible moment with someone who sees you as their whole world. Because thats what you are to them.

Adam
  • So I took her up there this evening, coz the wife is out with friends getting pissed up. I had eggs, she had pancakes. I'm now sat here watching the Mr. Bean cartoon with her and she's loving it.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3512
    So I took her up there this evening, coz the wife is out with friends getting pissed up. I had eggs, she had pancakes. I'm now sat here watching the Mr. Bean cartoon with her and she's loving it.
    Great times fella, I took my wee girl out to see the sunset in the field next to our house, she just ran around like a loon while I snapped a few shots, but she had a good time.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.