Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Finally going to get back into shape!

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• Just to update everyone I've been training for almost 2 months now and have nearly dropped 1.5 stone. I'm 13 stone now (though the needle is between 13 and 13.5) so good progress. Training up to 3 times per week and doing a mix of cardio and upper body/leg weights. Been training with a PT too who's been a massive motivation and help.

Diet-wise not changed much just switched out white bread/cheese at lunch-time for chicken/turkey/tuna with brown rice/pasta with green veg. Evening meal I've reduced portion size.

I'm hoping to shift another stone by the end of the year!!
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5292
    I have just hit about 4 3/4 weight loss over the last 6 months entirely down to my extreme nature enabling me to eat very little..worked a treat just had MOT etc all bloods excellent. feeling great and now time to run around.

what I have learnt is that we can happily trundle along on a seemingly ridiculously small amount of food..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    I've been following this thread and finally want to get me fat arse back in gear. I'm 60, and I've been doing HIIT and various other exercises for quite a while but fell off the wagon a while ago. I want to get back to doing some proper resistance training and not just rely on HIIT and cardio, because I know it's really important. I also want to get back on a LCHF diet too, with a view to losing some weight but also mainly starting to feel better again too. I've had various times when I've felt really good on exercise and diet but find it too easy to slide off the wagon and then struggle to get back on it. But I'm going to do it now.

I found the Peter Brukner talk really inspiring - I kind of knew this but hearing it set out so clearly really helps.  

I want to be back in a proper groove before Xmas so that I'm not tempted to slide into eating all the usual shit that's around then. I've a new album coming out next year, so I want to have the energy and drive to do a decent job on promoting it and playing some lively, energetic shows.

So to help me do this, I'm going to cut and paste most of this into a new thread to see if anyone else who missed the start of this thread wants to buddy up and give some mutual support. Thanks for the inspiration guys, and hope I can match some of your achievements. :)
  • I should ought to also mention I got injured as well in my 4th week - I went 3 days in a row foolishly believing I was ready for it. My calf was tight and I was doing some sprinting drills in the studio hall, on the 3rd rep as I pushed off my left foot I felt a pop sound and the base of my heel hurt to put pressure on it. At first I suspected it was plantar fascilitis, but nearly 3 weeks on the bruising has gone down and I managed light jogging today.
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    edited November 2019
    Yep, I was previously actually diagnosed with the humiliating condition known as 'old man's calf'. I was getting regular sprains when I was doing too much skipping - which seemed harsh when you're knocking your pan in with a skipping rope. I like skipping but I think I need to be a stone and a half lighter before I go back to it. 
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5292
    at our age low impact i.e. cycling/swimming is a smarter option, I also intend doing a lot of core strength work 
  • I learnt my lesson to always leave a day between sessions to rest!
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7130
    working more muscles nowadays, just had a good back session, all free weights with a couple of cables thrown in, good stuff
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!

• I’ve had a few weeks off due to a minor procedure, so good to get back to full schedule this week!

Monday - 5-a-side
    Tuesday - rest
    wednesday - 1 hour Military circuits (boxing/weights)
    Thursday - Gym, mainly weights
    Friday - Spin class followed by HIIT class
    Saturday - Krav (New class, tried only once!)
    Sunday - Rest