MIJ Aria Pro Les Paul (I think)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• AdeyAdey Frets: 2362
    I think any number in the pick-up cavity is likely to be to do with the colours/finishes etc. They are always on the back of the headstock in my experience.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72814
    The numbers in the pickup cavities on Matsumoku instruments are model and batch codes, not serial numbers. Both my Aria RS Standards had the same number.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• DeeTeeDeeTee Frets: 764
    Sadly, we think it's a 90s Korean job. No serial number on the headstock. It weighed a ton too. Shame, the neck was nice.
    edited September 2019
    I'm not so sure. They dont necessarily have serial numbers. If it weighs a tone too I would guess it is prob 70's.
    Why not pay him the price of a Korean one (not sure that it is though) and actually end up with a nice MIJ? (Probably)
    How worn are the frets and the like?
  • DeeTeeDeeTee Frets: 764
    Frets were good. Neck was great. Didn't love the tone. I think it's a good price for MIJ, don't think it's great for MIK. I also just don't need a bunch of ok stuff kicking around.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3662
    Surely not with that headstock?
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    Yeah. Says MIJ to me too. But if the sound doesn't blow yer skirt up I agree with DeeTee - prob best not to buy it.... :-(